Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - potts.mike - 06-20-2011

I was seeing cqcserve.exe using 25+% of CPU cycles in a quad core machine. Dean had me download some utility from Microsoft that pointed out that it was the sage media server driver thread that was taking all the power. If your not seeing high CPU usage then I wouldnt worry about it.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 06-20-2011

SamVimes2 Wrote:This driver is central to my system - what exactly is the issue? I'd prefer not to unload it!
Without diagnostic it's hard to know what is the specific issue... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Dean Roddey - 06-20-2011

Fonceur Wrote:Without diagnostic it's hard to know what is the specific issue... Wink

So, the deal is that I now display the thread if of drivers in the host admin dialog. This let's us, if a driver seems to be eating up CPU or doing something else suspicious, we can look and see what thread is doing it, then look up the thread id in the host admin. It looks like, from what he saw, that he's getting periodic high CPU, which I think goes away after a while on its own, though he'll have to confirm that.

About the only thing that would do that, that I can think of, is something like a loop index underflow or something. So suddenly it has to run through four billion values to get back down within it's actual range, and in a way of course where it's doing some sort of check that would prevent the bad index from knocking the driver offline. Though, I guess we should get him to confirm that the driver is not in some way cycling between states, but I don't think that was the case.

So it seems like it would end up being something like that. Or maybe some network transaction that gets caught up in a loop, though Mike you could check the network utilization panel on the task manager as well and see if there's undue network actitivity when it's in that state.

And also, Mike, you should probably, once you get it back into that state, go through the driver id thing one more time, just to be absolutely sure, before we send Fonceur off looking for something.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 06-26-2011

potts.mike Wrote:Dean had me download some utility from Microsoft that pointed out that it was the sage media server driver thread that was taking all the power.
If you had more than one active "media server" connection, like say running T*SageTV at the same time, try to update SageTCPServer to 2.2.8, it might help. Of course if you were only running on CQC, then it probably won't make any changes...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Mark Stega - 11-04-2011

So what is the deal with the Google acquisition of Sage? I read reviews of several media extenders including the SageTV HD Theatre 300 and was pretty convinced I'd like to try one for ripped BR playback. It appears that all things Sage have disappeared into the depths of Google. Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-04-2011

Mark Stega Wrote:So what is the deal with the Google acquisition of Sage?
Google bought SageTV back in June, so they stopped selling licenses/extenders... Apart from confirming Guide data for a year, nothing else has been announced yet...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 11-04-2011

google gobbled sage...
now sage is no more :-(

Jriver may, or may not, be up to something interesting...
other than that, I haven't found much of anything to replace my current Sage setup...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 11-04-2011

Sage is the core of my system, and I haven't seen anything out there that can match the system for flexibility and CQC integration :-(

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - EST - 11-04-2011

The lack of any info irritates me. I understand why, but us loyal sage users would like something, anything. I have a feeling in 6 months when the guide data runs out my sage system will be only good for watching movies. My system is purring great and it sucks that I/We may have to downgrade to something inferior. I really don't want to pay for DVR rental and fees from DTV.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Dean Roddey - 11-12-2011

Hey, when this driver stores field lists, is it escaping any quotes inside the separate values? It may not be, but I'm not sure where in the train the issue might be occurring. If it is building up the quoted comma list values manually, it can use the helper methods in the string tokenizer class instead, for building and parsing them, and it will insure that such internal quotes are escaped (which requires putting a \ character before them.)