Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 06-09-2011

rm1759 Wrote:but when I select play and pass the folder to the driver, it will not play the movie, it wants the whole path.
If you are playing back on a SageTV client or HD extender, you would use the ID, not the filename... On what are you trying to playback?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - rm1759 - 06-09-2011

Fonceur Wrote:If you are playing back on a SageTV client or HD extender, you would use the ID, not the filename... On what are you trying to playback?

Ah, that I did not know. I am using an HD300, and I am passing in the path, the command looks like this:

Devices::FieldWrite
P1=SagePlayer1.WatchShowPath
P2=%(GVar:BrowsedMoviePath,"\%1")
P3=True

Where do I get the ID from?

EDIT: I am setting the Gvar for the movie path when they select the collection with this:

GlobalVars::Set Variable
P1=GVar:BrowsedMoviePath
P2=%(MediaRTV:LocInfo,"\%1")

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - potts.mike - 06-09-2011

The easiest thing is going to be to go into mymovies and change your files to a file location. Outside of that you going to have to come up with some naming scheme and append that to the end of your file path.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 06-09-2011

There should be a field like WatchSelectedShow or such, and if you have a show selected there should be some SelectedShowID or such...

With the QueryText method you can also get those ShowID. Have you looked at the sample templates, as the ShowID is used to get the detailed information. I seem to remember the ShowID being an hidden column or such from those list browsers.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - rm1759 - 06-10-2011

Fonceur Wrote:There should be a field like WatchSelectedShow or such, and if you have a show selected there should be some SelectedShowID or such...

With the QueryText method you can also get those ShowID. Have you looked at the sample templates, as the ShowID is used to get the detailed information. I seem to remember the ShowID being an hidden column or such from those list browsers.

ah, but I am using MyMovies as a repository, and there is nothing in the MM metadata that relates to a sage ID (that I am aware of). I am also using MM in Sage, is there a way to take a show title and query the driver to find a show ID (do videos get show id's?) I do not use sage to record TV, just for watching ripped movies.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 06-10-2011

I think the WatchShow field is just for recorded TV, not movies.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 06-10-2011

rm1759 Wrote:ah, but I am using MyMovies as a repository
Then you are going to need to fill out those full filenames, I am not going to try figure out which file to use based on a folder name that might contains multiple files from ripping a DVD or BluRay disc... Wink

Though by looking at the SageTCPServer source, I see that for the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, I am actually stripping that part, which means the folder is actually getting used, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you...

When you use the "Watch Show Path", what do you see in the sagetv_0.txt log file for the "Watching show with path [...]"? Is that a path that looks accessible from the SageTV server/client?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 06-10-2011

SamVimes2 Wrote:I think the WatchShow field is just for recorded TV, not movies.
The command should take the ID of any SageTV audio or video file...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - potts.mike - 06-18-2011

I have been working through an issue I was having with high cpu usage with dean. The discussion starts on post 353 of the 4.0 neta discussion thread. What I found was that it was the sage media server driver that was causing it. I am not really sure what that means to anyone but I thought that I would let you guys know. If you want some help troubleshooting it let me know. for the time being I am just going to unload the driver.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 06-20-2011

This driver is central to my system - what exactly is the issue? I'd prefer not to unload it!