Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 04-17-2011

Anyone with an extender able to see if there's a big delay (~10-15 seconds) between pressing the Power button on the remote and the SagePlayer.WindowsMode field change?

EDIT: This might effect only the SageTV beta (7.1.5)...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 04-17-2011

I get about a 3 sec delay vs the remote...
and I am on v7.1.5.252

but I haven't updated SageTCP in a while... still on v2.1.8

edit: updated versions to real values, got rid of the "i Think" parts...

SomeWhatLost Wrote:I get about a 3 sec delay vs the remote...
What kind of extender? And that's the delay for the windowsmode field to change?

Fonceur Wrote:What kind of extender? And that's the delay for the windowsmode field to change?
HD300
and no, that was just the delay between pressing power / changing field via a command button and when the red led turned blue... the delay between windowing mode changing is like 30 seconds or so with either the remote or CQC...

SomeWhatLost Wrote:the delay between windowing mode changing is like 30 seconds or so with either the remote or CQC...
OK thanks, so that's 3 systems running the 7.1.5 beta with either hd200 or hd300 that acts that way (30 sec delay). While my 7.0.23 system with an hd100 reacts within 1.5 sec...

Anyone able to test an hd100 on the 7.1.5 beta, or the hd200/300 on the 7.0.23 release? Wink

just played around a bit more for the fun of it:
Windowed -> Full Screen transition (aka turn on) - about 15 seconds or so... always happens right after what I would call the local/BIOS setup part finishes and the Network/server boot part has started (and maybe finished, its pretty quick at this point) it actually kind of makes sense were it switches, I think...

Full Screen -> Windowed transition (aka turn off) I don't get this one... this takes freaky forever... at least 30 seconds... doesn't seem to matter if its turned off by remote or by CQC... why does this take so long?

SomeWhatLost Wrote:at least 30 seconds... doesn't seem to matter if its turned off by remote or by CQC... why does this take so long?
That's how long it takes for the extender to be "talkable" again... I did release a SageTCPServer 2.2.1 that should cut that delay in half. Not that the extender is ready by then, but instead I use some catch/try on the "null exceptions" returned trying to access the fullscreen state... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 05-18-2011

ok, everything was working fine(ish)... so at some point I upgraded to SageTCPserver 2.2.4 (I think, it is the latest one)

now windowing mode has 3 options: Fullscreen, Windowed, & Blank/null or something...

none of my logic works very well with the Blank/null...
I don't want Blank/null as an option, I am not even sure what it means... all the other fields come up just fine, so I am guessing its not a communications issue...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 05-20-2011

Sounds like your CQC driver is corrupted or something, so I'd try to just reinstall it...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - rm1759 - 06-09-2011

I use mymovies with sage, and have seen several other people with this issue, but no solution yet.

The problem is the MM does not automatically select the file in the metadata, it leaves it at the folder level.

I would rather not have to go through and set all of the movies to point to the file (most of them are in file format, but some are in DVD format).

I also use MM in sage, and the movie plays fine when selected via the MM interface on my extender (HD300).

but when I select play and pass the folder to the driver, it will not play the movie, it wants the whole path.

Does anyone have a solution for this?