Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - AnthonyZ - 03-14-2011

Has anyone tried to control the Linux version of Sage with CQC? Any luck?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 03-14-2011

AnthonyZ Wrote:Has anyone tried to control the Linux version of Sage with CQC? Any luck?
still on a linux kick?
nope, I haven't... linux is evil... its all linuxy...
but CQC should work just fine... nothing OS specific needed for CQC control... actually, when I briefly considered trying Linux Sage, what I came up with is the only Plugin that doesn't work (out of the box so to speak) is the commercial skipper... you need to run a wine or something for comskip or showanalyzer to run in...

edit: oh, and the Sage MyMovies plugin is problematic...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - zaccari - 03-14-2011

Fonceur Wrote:Maybe throw in some video capture card, depending on your goal for the setup...
Anyone have a suggestion on a cap card? I'd prefer one that can cohabitate (so I can have more than 1 in the box).

Thanks,
Russ...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 03-14-2011

zaccari Wrote:Anyone have a suggestion on a cap card? I'd prefer one that can cohabitate (so I can have more than 1 in the box).
It depends on your source(s)... For OTA or clear QAM recordings, the HDHomeRun is a good choice. If you want to capture HD from a satellite or cable box, then the hauppauge colossus would do...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - bjkiller - 03-21-2011

with latest beta of SageTV, there again issue with WindowingMode status with extenders, i define is extender is ON or OFF from this field, and power on/off the TV itself. it's power on is OK, but power Off not always work or very delayed.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 03-21-2011

bjkiller Wrote:with latest beta of SageTV, there again issue with WindowingMode status with extenders, i define is extender is ON or OFF from this field, and power on/off the TV itself. it's power on is OK, but power Off not always work or very delayed.
So is it the WindowingMode that is no longer a good indicator of the extender's state, or just that the extender is taking longer to react? What happens to those delays when you monitor through CQC but interact from the IR remote?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - bjkiller - 03-21-2011

Fonceur Wrote:So is it the WindowingMode that is no longer a good indicator of the extender's state, or just that the extender is taking longer to react? What happens to those delays when you monitor through CQC but interact from the IR remote?
i use sagetv remote, to power on/off the extender, and CQC monitor status and power on/off the TV.
so what the good field to use to monitor extender power status?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 03-21-2011

bjkiller Wrote:so what the good field to use to monitor extender power status?
I don't have an extender myself, so I don't know. The WindowingMode field seems to reflect the StandBy state of the extender. Now if you press the Off button on your IR remote, maybe it's more than just a light StandBy mode, which would be why there is no WindowingMode event generated...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 03-24-2011

I need a few volunteers with extenders to test this SageTCPServer build (requires SageTV 7+) for:

- Auto reboot of extenders: there is (was?) a known issue with the extenders, where they don't resync with the SageTV server in case of a restart. So now whenever the plugin is restarted, it reboots all the extenders (can be disabled in the plugin configuration). Ideally it should only be when SageTV is restarted, and not the plugin itself, but in reality updating the plugin requires a restart of SageTV anyway...

- Improved reliability: Previously, under some conditions, SageTCPServer might not have been able to re-establish communication with an extender.

- Third party commands The following commands should work:
  • XTCTongueower = Toggle the StandBy state on an extender, or the full screen mode on a software client.
  • XTCTongueowerOn = Power on an extender.
  • XTCTongueowerOff = Put an extender in StandBy.
  • XTC:Reboot = Reboot an extender.

You should keep a copy of the SageTV\SageTV\JARs\SageTCPServer.jar, in case of unforeseen issues. Stop the SageTV UI (and its service), extract the SageTCPServer.jar to that folder and restart SageTV.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - batwater - 03-24-2011

Fonceur Wrote:I need a few volunteers with extenders to test this SageTCPServer build (requires SageTV 7+) for:

- Auto reboot of extenders: there is (was?) a known issue with the extenders, where they don't resync with the SageTV server in case of a restart. So now whenever the plugin is restarted, it reboots all the extenders (can be disabled in the plugin configuration). Ideally it should only be when SageTV is restarted, and not the plugin itself, but in reality updating the plugin requires a restart of SageTV anyway...
Auto reboot has a field but no radio button options, prompts for text input when I select. Enable for debugging purposes field prompts "Ener the new password value for Debug"

Fonceur Wrote:- Improved reliability: Previously, under some conditions, SageTCPServer might not have been able to re-establish communication with an extender.
Will watch... Um, getting repeat errors in CQC logs, capturing logsnap will post. This leads me to my above point, trying to turn on debug in SageTV UI but cannot. Will have to cycle sage and manually turn on, will post that log as soon as I have it.

Fonceur Wrote:- Third party commands The following commands should work:
  • XTCTongueower = Toggle the StandBy state on an extender, or the full screen mode on a software client.
  • XTCTongueowerOn = Power on an extender.
  • XTCTongueowerOff = Put an extender in StandBy.
  • XTC:Reboot = Reboot an extender.
Work from where, CQC driver?

Fonceur Wrote:You should keep a copy of the SageTV\SageTV\JARs\SageTCPServer.jar, in case of unforeseen issues. Stop the SageTV UI (and its service), extract the SageTCPServer.jar to that folder and restart SageTV.
New code is coming up as 2.1.3 in the SageTV GUI.

-Ben