Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 02-05-2011

ok, i made the upgrade. Before I had this:
Code:
sageTCPServer/clients=local.9250,001d6a4cf4d2.9252,001d6a4c01aa.9253,local.9999

now i have this:
Code:
sageTCPServer/client=
sageTCPServer/extender=001d6a4cf4d2.9252,001d6a4c01aa.9253
sageTCPServer/server=9250,9999

For the extenders, if I want to control/monitor them from CQC and tiSageTV do I have to have two entries for each of them?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 02-05-2011

SamVimes2 Wrote:For the extenders, if I want to control/monitor them from CQC and tiSageTV do I have to have two entries for each of them?
Yes, until I release SageTCPServer 1.9.1, you would want something like:

Code:
sageTCPServer/client=
sageTCPServer/extender=001d6a4cf4d2.9252,001d6a4c01aa.9253,001d6a4cf4d2.9254,001d6a4c01aa.9255
sageTCPServer/server=9250,9999,9251

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 02-05-2011

Ah ok and so if I want to use my iPad as well, I need to add another set of entries for the server and each extenders?

Thanks as always for promot feedback!

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 02-05-2011

SamVimes2 Wrote:Ah ok and so if I want to use my iPad as well, I need to add another set of entries for the server and each extenders?
Indeed. So you can see why I am doing that major SageTCPServer rewrite, which will get rid of all those duplication... Wink

Previously, very few people were in that situation, so I never seriously looked at updating the TCP part. But with the iOS and Android versions, which could be combined with the CQC drivers, that is becoming a lot more likely. Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 02-07-2011

SageTCPServer version 2.0.0

- MAJOR UPDATE
- Single access port per server/client/extender.
- Mostly event driven instead of using polling.
- Can name the clients/extenders.

If you were using multiple devices/plugins/drivers to connect the SageTCPServer, before you had to duplicate ports like local.9250,local.9251, now you don't. Since a single port will be used, you might need to reconfigure some extra devices/plugins/drivers.

Technically, I still had more testing to do, but I'm releasing it earlier due to issues reported with 1.9.0...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - batwater - 02-07-2011

Fonceur Wrote:SageTCPServer version 2.0.0

- MAJOR UPDATE
- Single access port per server/client/extender.
- Mostly event driven instead of using polling.
- Can name the clients/extenders.

If you were using multiple devices/plugins/drivers to connect the SageTCPServer, before you had to duplicate ports like local.9250,local.9251, now you don't. Since a single port will be used, you might need to reconfigure some extra devices/plugins/drivers.

Technically, I still had more testing to do, but I'm releasing it earlier due to issues reported with 1.9.0...

What does this translate into for the config entries in the sage.properties file? I don't want to whack what is currently working. "you might need to reconfigure some extra devices/plugins/drivers" needs a little more detail.

If I am understanding this correctly there will now only be 1 port each for the server and each client and therefore both taSageTV client(s) (1-ne clients) and CQC will all access the same ports in a many (controlling devices) to one (the SageTV server running sageTCPserver) correct? An example containing perhaps 2 extenders mapped to CQC and 2 phones would be helpful.

Thanks!
-Ben

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 02-08-2011

batwater Wrote:If I am understanding this correctly there will now only be 1 port each for the server and each client and therefore both taSageTV client(s) (1-ne clients) and CQC will all access the same ports in a many (controlling devices) to one (the SageTV server running sageTCPserver) correct?
Yes that's exactly it. So before you might have had the CQC Media server driver connected to 9750 and TaSageTV connected to 9250, but now both will connect to 9250. In principle SageTCPServer will have stripped 9750, though it might be the reverse depending how you had them listed.

So go to the SageTV 7 plugin interface --> installed plugin, and hit configure on SageTCPServer. You will see which ports got kept, so you can adjust them if needed. Then you will need to modify the ports in either CQC or TaSageTV, depending of which you want to use.

BTW, you'll want to use SageTCPServer 2.0.1, as the keep alive was broken in 2.0.0... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - zaccari - 03-14-2011

Ok, I'm getting ready to pick up a SageTV HD 300 and I'm really not clear on what's what here. I'm assuming I need the software and hardware bundle. I don't see anything called "server". Is that the SageTCPServer addon?

Is there something else I need to get started?

Thanks,
Russ...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 03-14-2011

They call the software SageTV Media Center, so if you are starting from scratch, you would want something like the following bundle with software + hardware:

http://store.sagetv.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SOS&Product_Code=STVBHD300&Category_Code=SB

Maybe throw in some video capture card, depending on your goal for the setup...

SageTCPServer would be a plugin of the SageTV Media Center software, that would talk with the CQC drivers...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 03-14-2011

zaccari Wrote:Ok, I'm getting ready to pick up a SageTV HD 300 and I'm really not clear on what's what here. I'm assuming I need the software and hardware bundle. I don't see anything called "server". Is that the SageTCPServer addon?

Is there something else I need to get started?

Thanks,
Russ...
the bundle that Fonceur is the best deal, gets you 1 HD300 and one windows license...
the windows license can be used with either the standard Sage media center or the WHS Sage server... and you can always change your mind later in the WHS vs regular windows choice... but you can only have one active at a time...

get the sage 7.1.5 beta here , it adds some cool features, and doesn't seem to have broken anything...

install whatever sage you want... no need to wait... do it now... you get a 21 day free trial (well its some amount of days free...21,14,??)

start up sage and run through the setup stuff...

once it up and working, go to the setup/plug in section and install the following plug ins:
  • BMT (Auto grabs fanart/metadata/etc for TV & Movies)
  • SMM (if you are using MyMovies for your collection management)
  • Diamond v3.1 (or the latest... its just nicer than the stock UI)
  • SageTCPServer

play/fiddle/futz with all the options...

install latest CQC Sage driver on your CQC Server (or where ever, doesn't really matter where) and see if you can connect to the Sage Server... if you can, than just wait (im)patiently for your HD300 to show up, as everything should just work once you plug in the HD300's MAC into the SageTCPServer...