Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 12-12-2010

Ok, if you edit the template Sage_RecordedShows, the action for Onload should be loading the macro:

MEng.User.CQC.Macros.Sage.GetList

with the 10 parameters:

SageRepo RecordedShows StartTime False Null GVar:RSList GVar:RSListOfFirstRuns GVar:RSListOfHDs GVar:RSLListOfIDs GVar:RSListOfWatcheds

If not, then that's the wrong template... Wink If you try to paste and cut the parameters in your own templates, CQC will eat the last 40 characters or so... Wink

EDIT: Maybe you are importing Sage_Recordings twice instead of Sage_Recordings and Sage_RecordedShows or something...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 12-13-2010

Ok changing that command made the template work, but the field is still blank:
[Image: recordedshows.png]

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 12-13-2010

SamVimes2 Wrote:Ok changing that command made the template work, but the field is still blank:
Well, if you are using the back door method, you don't care about that field...

But I am connected to your system and seeing that field filled, so again, there is something messed up with the way you updated your system, as pointed out by the fact that your template isn't up to date...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 01-25-2011

As a little "heads up", I am looking into implementing the proper SageTV 7 plugin support in SageTCPServer, which will probably break the backward compatibility with SageTV 6... So if you are still running SageTV 6.0, I would suggest that you grab the latest version of SageTCPServer and keep a backup preciously somewhere... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 01-31-2011

Fonceur Wrote:As a little "heads up", I am looking into implementing the proper SageTV 7 plugin support in SageTCPServer, which will probably break the backward compatibility with SageTV 6...
FWIW, with SageTCPServer 1.90 you also broke Sagev7 compatibility... well, not really, but my SagePlayer driver no longer connected... seems somebody (who shall remain nameless, to protect the guilty:tounge ) decide to go and change the port numbers that where previously set in the properties file...
ie
sageTCPServer/clients=local.9250,001d6a4c019a.9252
somehow magically became
sageTCPServer/clients=local.9250,001d6a4c019a.9260
you could at least warn people you are going to mess up their config:-) ...

fortunately its an easy fix, and find... but still, a little warning next time would be nice:-)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 01-31-2011

SomeWhatLost Wrote:you could at least warn people you are going to mess up their config:-) ...
Actually, it wasn't on purpose. Wink Did you install 1.8.9 first, as that one did have issues with the extender. I know that there are still some issues with the SageTV software clients, but I thought I was handling the extenders properly in 1.9.0...

I've been reluctant to take down my SageTV server to test new iterations of SageTCPServer, as I was waiting on Apple to test my TiSageTV app on my server... But since it has been approved, after they've stayed connected a whole 3 minutes to test, I can test more stuff. Of course I don't have an extender myself, so might not have caught the issue anyway... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 02-01-2011

Fonceur Wrote:Actually, it wasn't on purpose. Wink Did you install 1.8.9 first, as that one did have issues with the extender. I know that there are still some issues with the SageTV software clients, but I thought I was handling the extenders properly in 1.9.0...
actually I skipped 1.8.9 I may have skipped 1.8.8 too, not sure on that... but I do remember in the Sage system messages there where multiple info about SageTCPSever needing updates and I just picked the latest one...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 02-04-2011

I will be dropping the "text mode" from SageTCPServer, which has no effect for people using the latest CQC SageTV drivers. OTOH, if you were running it with the last few versions from Beelzerob or a very old version of mine, you won't want to update SageTCPServer ever, or at least not before updating the CQC drivers too...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 02-04-2011

Hey Fonceur,

I am still using a SageTCPServer version that required manual editing of the .properties file, 1.8.5 i think?

This weekend, I'd like to try upgrading, so I can buy the iOS app! If I upgrade from 1.8.5 to 1.9.0 or whatever the latest version is, will all my config get properly transferred to the new in-UI config? or will I have to reset it all up?

Thanks for any advice!

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 02-04-2011

SamVimes2 Wrote:If I upgrade from 1.8.5 to 1.9.0 or whatever the latest version is, will all my config get properly transferred to the new in-UI config? or will I have to reset it all up?
In principle it should update automatically, but some people have reported that there are still a few glitches. Wink

So you might want to backup the sage.properties file (and possibly sageclient.properties), or at least write down the values (i.e. sageTCPServer/clients) somewhere, in case you have to put them back in. Also you might need to throw in a few extra SageTV restart here and there for things to really take effect. So much to do, so little time... Wink