Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 11-24-2010

batwater Wrote:Are you also seeing heavy CPU on CQCServer.exe on your system?

Thanks
-Ben
ok, just checked... its running about 0% CPU load.... or so task manager says...I guess that really just means <1%?
is taking up 42M of ram though... seems like CQC is a bit of a memory hog...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - batwater - 11-24-2010

SomeWhatLost Wrote:ok, just checked... its running about 0% CPU load.... or so task manager says...I guess that really just means <1%?

Okay thanks for looking. I'll be posting some logs shortly for Fonceur to take a look at. I did capture some funkiness. Also researching how far I can upgrade my WHS motherboard CPU and RAM for performance instead of power savings. Right now I'm running a low wattage AMD Sempron 64, memory is not the issue but it is slow. I've read I can change out the CPU with a bit of file voodoo and WHS doesn't know the difference. I'm thinking between the SageTV 7 upgrade and the addition of SageMyMovies I've taken the machine over the edge. Meh, progress...

-Ben

Fonceur Wrote:Actually, it looks like it's only the MVP that wouldn't be using the command I'm sending, so there must be another cause. I would need the sagetv_0.tct log file.
well, I don't have one yet... at least not from the 'fresh' install...
I do have a bunch of those in the old install... _0,_1,_2,_3 I think...

EDIT: doh!!! I thought I attached them... but the files are >2MB and Dean is stingy with his storage space... just the _0 file compressed is >192K, so how do I send this to you?

batwater Wrote:Okay thanks for looking. I'll be posting some logs shortly for Fonceur to take a look at. I did capture some funkiness. Also researching how far I can upgrade my WHS motherboard CPU and RAM for performance instead of power savings. Right now I'm running a low wattage AMD Sempron 64, memory is not the issue but it is slow. I've read I can change out the CPU with a bit of file voodoo and WHS doesn't know the difference. I'm thinking between the SageTV 7 upgrade and the addition of SageMyMovies I've taken the machine over the edge. Meh, progress...

-Ben
I can't imagine its all that slow... it should be fine with a sempron... maybe not blazing fast... but usable...
you probably found a real problem... that fact that I am not seeing it is probably irrelevant...

of course, building a new server every now and then is fun in its own right...:-) my new server was built for similar reasons.... the intel i5 works pretty good for a server...
oh, and if you do build a new server, I really like the supermicro MB's... especially the ones with IPMI (basically built in KVM over IP... with power control and some other sweet things)...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Dean Roddey - 11-24-2010

SomeWhatLost Wrote:ok, just checked... its running about 0% CPU load.... or so task manager says...I guess that really just means <1%?

Are you running a media repository driver? If so, then all the artwork and media data is a good bit of that.

Dean Roddey Wrote:Are you running a media repository driver? If so, then all the artwork and media data is a good bit of that.
yes, two actually...
CQC for TV (I just like it better)
and MyMovies for movies...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - batwater - 11-24-2010

SomeWhatLost Wrote:I can't imagine its all that slow... it should be fine with a sempron... maybe not blazing fast... but usable...
you probably found a real problem... that fact that I am not seeing it is probably irrelevant...

of course, building a new server every now and then is fun in its own right...:-) my new server was built for similar reasons.... the intel i5 works pretty good for a server...
oh, and if you do build a new server, I really like the supermicro MB's... especially the ones with IPMI (basically built in KVM over IP... with power control and some other sweet things)...

I'm beginning to think that SageTV has gotten corrupted somehow. Will have to revert to a backup if I can ever get it shut down long enough, the new Plugin manager keeps firing off a SageTVservice.exe even though I have stopped SageTV in the WHS console.

Edit:

Several issues, still don't have a complete fix, but there was what I believe is a dependency plugin (sagex-api "SageTV API Extensions" 7.0.23.1 11/21) that needed updating and I installed the latest CQC drivers from Fonceur posted earlier this evening. I'm still getting disconnects by CQC against SageTCPServer but things have improved vastly, CPU is now down (but performance is still anemic) and SageTV is usable again. Bedtime, quitting while I'm almost ahead...

-Ben

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-25-2010

batwater Wrote:I'm still getting disconnects by CQC against SageTCPServer but things have improved vastly, CPU is now down (but performance is still anemic) and SageTV is usable again.
Which confirms that the TCP connection keeps getting interrupted, and is thus where you should concentrate your effort... Possibilities include:

- SageTV services keeps getting restarted. (check the sagetv_0.txt)

- Router keeps dropping/re-adding either PCs. (check the router's log)

- PC's network adapter keeps dropping/reconnecting. (check the router's log)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 11-26-2010

Fonceur Wrote:- PC's network adapter keeps dropping/reconnecting. (check the router's log)
just as a FWIW, I have had horrible luck with dropping/micro-dropping with Realtek LAN chips... if possible, and if yours is Realtek, you may want to try adding an Intel based LAN NIC... might fix this problem for you...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 11-26-2010

just curious, am I the only person who is trying to use the ExitStandby command with a HD200?
has anyone else with a HD200 tried it, does it work for you?