Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)



Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 11-24-2010

SomeWhatLost Wrote:currently I am just sending the exitstandby or reboot command from the CQC field browser and neither works, so it can't have anything to do with my action logic, its just plain broke:-? how do I make it happy again?
just an update on this... I just completely removed & reinstalled sage, the only thing I kept was the wiz.bin file..., upgraded the HD200 to latest firmware...
and I still cant get the HD200 to exit standby...
entering standby still works great though:-) so I guess that is something at least...
anyone have any ideas on what else I can try to make it work again?

edit, oh, and I have sage on WHS, never had a CPU usage issue with the driver though... wonder what could be causing that?


Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-24-2010

SomeWhatLost Wrote:and I still cant get the HD200 to exit standby...
Looking at the source, I seem to have hardcoded the HD100 command, so that would be why. I will add a new option for the HD200/300.


Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-24-2010

sic0048 Wrote:Just a minor issue I've found. I don't think the "Previous" command is correct in the driver. When I use the command nothing happens, but if I send the "Previous" command via the "Send Command" action, it does work as expected.
I have it linked to the skipbackward2 and the Next to skipforward2, so that would be why. I don't have an extender, so couldn't compare the remote's functionality... Wink


Sage Media Server driver (beta) - batwater - 11-24-2010

SomeWhatLost Wrote:edit, oh, and I have sage on WHS, never had a CPU usage issue with the driver though... wonder what could be causing that?

Are you also seeing heavy CPU on CQCServer.exe on your system?

Thanks
-Ben


Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 11-24-2010

Fonceur Wrote:Looking at the source, I seem to have hardcoded the HD100 command, so that would be why. I will add a new option for the HD200/300.
but, it was working for me... it did work... it worked for one whole day... I couldn't of hallucinated that... could I?


Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 11-24-2010

batwater Wrote:Are you also seeing heavy CPU on CQCServer.exe on your system?

Thanks
-Ben
I will check when I get home just to verify... but from memory, the only time I get over 5-10% total is when running ShowAnalyzer...


Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-24-2010

SomeWhatLost Wrote:but, it was working for me... it did work... it worked for one whole day...
I don't suppose there was a firmware update of the extender in between?


Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 11-24-2010

Fonceur Wrote:I don't suppose there was a firmware update of the extender in between?
nope... none...


Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-24-2010

I have updated the first post with Sage Media Server 1.1.3 + Sage Player 2.7.8. They are based on 1.1.1 and 2.7.6, as the non-dev version never got merged in the base CQC anyway, so they might be missing some fixes/improvements from 1.1.2 and 2.7.7. I'll handle that once I stop requiring a magnifying glass to do any CQC driver's development work. Wink

They should handle the connection loss better, though you will still get high CPU usage between the actual connection loss and the acknowledgment that indeed the connection is loss, due to polling a closed socket...


Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-24-2010

SomeWhatLost Wrote:nope... none...
Actually, it looks like it's only the MVP that wouldn't be using the command I'm sending, so there must be another cause. I would need the sagetv_0.tct log file.