Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-18-2010

chmilar Wrote:I have checked the MAC addresses and IP addresses of the extenders.
And you followed the wiki instructions?

wiki Wrote:SageTV Client
Unless you have a SageTV Client running on a different PC (i.e. not a SageTV Extender), the Hostname should be the same as the Server's one

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - chmilar - 11-18-2010

Thank you for pointing it out to me!

For some reason, it just seemed natural to me that I should configure the driver with the IP of the extender, and not the server, so that part didn't sink in to my brain.

It is working fine, now.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 11-20-2010

how do I jump straight to the SMM List view? I currently have DVD,VideoLibrary,& Library options in the CQC Sage Driver.... DVD doesn't seem to do anything (probably meant for real DVD drives in PC client?), VideoLibrary & Library both bring me to the BOSVL (Boring Old Sage Video Library)...

what would be the correct API call thingy to go straight to SMM List view? and how would I send that?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-20-2010

SomeWhatLost Wrote:how do I jump straight to the SMM List view?
Sorry, what is SMM?

Quote:VideoLibrary & Library both bring me to the BOSVL (Boring Old Sage Video Library)...
I probably need to update that a bit, as I've since mapped those things better due to the taSageTV remote... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 11-20-2010

Fonceur Wrote:Sorry, what is SMM?
SageMyMovies
just a nicer movie interface/metadata grabber thingy... actually, it was nice enough that it made me go and re-install mymovies...
Fonceur Wrote:I probably need to update that a bit, as I've since mapped those things better due to the taSageTV remote... Wink
updates are always appreciatedSmile

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-20-2010

SomeWhatLost Wrote:SageMyMovies
just a nicer movie interface/metadata grabber thingy...
I see, that would explain why it didn't ring a bell... Wink I seem to remember adding a field where you could send your own commands, so you would probably want to send something like "CMD:My Movies". You would probably find the exact name of "My Movies" through Studio, though I'm not sure if you can actually access the stuff that is not native to Sage...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 11-21-2010

another silly question,
how can I check to see if the extender is in standby or not?
I have found that if you don't wait long enough after sending the wakeup command, before sending other commands, you can really mess up the poor little HD200 to the point where you need to power cycle to make him happy again....
but I don't want to need to wait 5-8 seconds every time, so it would be good if I could just check and see if he is already awake...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-21-2010

SomeWhatLost Wrote:how can I check to see if the extender is in standby or not?
The window's mode seemed to be a good indicator, full screen meaning it is online.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 11-21-2010

Fonceur Wrote:The window's mode seemed to be a good indicator, full screen meaning it is online.
really? that's not very intuitive... but hey if it works, I will take it... thanks!

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-21-2010

SomeWhatLost Wrote:really? that's not very intuitive... but hey if it works, I will take it... thanks!
I know, but that's the only event I could see happening at a transition... Wink Now with SageTV 7 they might have added some more specific events, but I'm a bit reluctant at breaking backward compatibility for any user still with SageTV 6.x... Then there's the issue of so many things to do, so little time... Wink