Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 09-25-2010

I should probably get a wiki page for it first, and you can extract part of it or something... Otherwise it's spread all over the thread.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 09-26-2010

I think the only functionality the old server driver provides that the new one doesn't is the filtering. Fonceur, could you add that back to the current driver?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 09-26-2010

SamVimes2 Wrote:I think the only functionality the old server driver provides that the new one doesn't is the filtering. Fonceur, could you add that back to the current driver?
As far as I know, it is still in there... Not sure if it is still active though.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 09-28-2010

Here is some non-dev versions. Going to work on the wiki now...

And now the preliminary wiki.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 09-28-2010

Any changes between these versions and the last dev versions?

And actually, something I meant to ask for in the player driver, could you add some a new RW field that was an enumeration of the available audio tracks on whatever's playing? Sometimes Sage defaults to a weird one and I change it with the remote.

SamVimes2 Wrote:Any changes between these versions and the last dev versions?
No, I only removed the text about Dev... Wink I'm not sure if the existing templates will adjust automatically or think it's a different driver, since it's not a Dev one...

Quote:And actually, something I meant to ask for in the player driver, could you add some a new RW field that was an enumeration of the available audio tracks on whatever's playing? Sometimes Sage defaults to a weird one and I change it with the remote.
I'm not quite sure what is available in that regard.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Dean Roddey - 09-28-2010

You are supposed to adjust the model name in dev drivers to add something like -Dev or something like that. The make/model is what identifies a driver. If the official one has the same make/model, that'll be a problem, because which one they get will depend on which manifest ends up first in the lookup list. So, once the dev version goes to official, the -Dev is removed from the model name, creating basically a new driver. So folks can continue to use the development one, or they can switch to the new one.

Yeah, that's what I had, and I dropped the dev part.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-07-2010

The latest version of SageTCPServer.jar is now available through the SageTV 7 Plugin interface...

It does not make use of any new SageTV 7 features, as I didn't want to break compatibility for users of SageTV 6, but now that the SageTV release is getting closer, eventually it probably will...