Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 08-27-2010

Version 1.0.2 of the Media driver now has SystemMessages* StringList fields... While the initial list is ordered (latest message at the start), updates get added at the end.

Let me know if that's good enough, or if I need to add some LastMessage fields too or something...

Fonceur Wrote:While the initial list is ordered (latest message at the start), updates get added at the end.
That part should be fixed with 1.0.3. If you have not been using the QueryText (back door) method, that should also fix your list of recorded shows, when a new one gets added... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 08-27-2010

I installed the new versions of SageTCPServer and the CQC Driver. Seems to be working well, but I notice a couple things:
1) The SystemMessages andSystemMessagesDescriptions fields are not populated, while the others are.
2) When I delete the System Messages from within the Sage UI, the fields are not unpopulated.

Thanks very much!

SamVimes2 Wrote:1) The SystemMessages andSystemMessagesDescriptions fields are not populated, while the others are.
I see them populating fine on my side... Are you using the Field Driver browser or looking through a String List Browser widget?

Quote:2) When I delete the System Messages from within the Sage UI, the fields are not unpopulated.
Right, I only add incoming messages, there's no provision for that. You would need to force a refresh by restarting either side of the conversation.

I have posted version 1.0.4 with some LastMessage/Code/Level/Time fields which could be used for triggering stuff like an HD-PVR reboot.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 08-28-2010

They're not populating on my side. I had 82 system messages at one point...maybe your code couldn't handle that many?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 08-28-2010

SamVimes2 Wrote:They're not populating on my side. I had 82 system messages at one point...maybe your code couldn't handle that many?
I'll need a high verbose log on the CQC side and the sagetv_0.txt on the SageTCPServer side... It's possible that I'll need to send them in smaller chunks, though the other fields wouldn't get populated either...

Hi Fonceur,

I installed version 1.04. It appears that (at least when the driver comes up the first time) the new LastMessage* fields are populating the data from the last message in the array, which is actually the first message in time.

Can you confirm on your side?

Also, with this version, all the SystemMessages* fields populated properly, but I only had about 10 messages on the queue.

Can you also add a facility to the driver to clear the system messages from the queue?

Thanks for your work on this new feature!

Some logs attached

SamVimes2 Wrote:the new LastMessage* fields are populating the data from the last message in the array, which is actually the first message in time.
Right, something is off in that part of the code.

Quote:Can you also add a facility to the driver to clear the system messages from the queue?
Sure. When you mentioned clearing it in the SageTV UI, I figured that feature request would be coming along soon... Wink

Updated SageTCPServer and the CQC Sage Media driver to fix some System Messages issue and add a ResetSystemMessages boolean field (send a true to use it).