Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 08-02-2010

OK, so it's likely the Actors or Channel... Send me the log from this one:

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 08-02-2010

Ask and ye shall receive...this one successfully populated metadata and did not throw an exception! Now time to ask for more stuff:

Do you think it would be possible to expose some kind of mediaType enumeration, like (DVD, BD, Video, TV)? Or at least indicate if something is TV or not?

Also, would it be possible to expose a URL to the image metadata, like the squeezebox driver does?

Thanks again for getting it working!

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 08-02-2010

SamVimes2 Wrote:this one successfully populated metadata and did not throw an exception!
Yeah, it was the channel.

Quote:Do you think it would be possible to expose some kind of mediaType enumeration, like (DVD, BD, Video, TV)? Or at least indicate if something is TV or not?
Sure, I can adapt SageTCPServer easily for that. Modifying the driver for it might be a bit longer... Wink

Quote:Also, would it be possible to expose a URL to the image metadata, like the squeezebox driver does?
The problem is that the thumbnails are not all generated all the time...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 08-03-2010

Well if anyone can do it you can!

Another question - would it ever be possible to make sagetcpserver installable/updatable through sage's new in-app plugin system?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 08-03-2010

SamVimes2 Wrote:would it ever be possible to make sagetcpserver installable/updatable through sage's new in-app plugin system?
Yes, I was planing on it, but someone volunteered to do it like a month ago, and then vanished without a trace... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - radiopaque - 08-03-2010

Fonceur Wrote:In order to demonstrate more advanced functions, a set of templates is included (split into 2 files, due to the forum's limitations). Just unzip the 2 files and use the CQC Admin Interface import feature.

Thank a bunch for this demo, looks real nice!
I'm having a problem though with my media repo. I have to admit I am using the MyMovies repo, since I already had that one and it is populated. Almost everything works :-D , except the Play Movie button!

I am very new to programming CQC. What should I change to make this work? The Action on the Play button (onclick) tells SageTV to WatchShowPath with value MoviesLoc, but I am not sure where this is set (and what the value is/should be).

Thanks,
Mark

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 08-03-2010

radiopaque Wrote:The Action on the Play button (onclick) tells SageTV to WatchShowPath with value MoviesLoc, but I am not sure where this is set (and what the value is/should be).
What the WatchShowPath expects is something like C:\folder\myFile.mpg which corresponds to the movie you want to watch... I am not quite sure how you would get that value for a MyMovie repo... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 08-04-2010

That variable is set in the OnSelectCollection event of the CAB:
Code:
If GlobalVars::Exists(GVar:MoviesLoc)
      GlobalVars::SetVariable(GVar:MoviesLoc, %(MediaRTV:LocInfo, "^1"))
   Else
      GlobalVars::CreateVariable(GVar:MoviesLoc, String, , %(MediaRTV:LocInfo, "^1"))
   End

This requires that you have properly populated the Discs part of mymovies with the right path. If it is a ripped DVD/BD with its format intact, you need to select folder in mymovies. if it is simply a file, you need to select a file.

further, even if you have set it correctly I believe it won't work if the media item is not imported into your library. i banged my head against that one for a while.

take a look in the action trace in the IV to see what it's doing.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - potts.mike - 08-04-2010

SamVimes2 Wrote:further, even if you have set it correctly I believe it won't work if the media item is not imported into your library. i banged my head against that one for a while.

take a look in the action trace in the IV to see what it's doing.

And they have to be the same path, make them both UNC imports, E.G. \\server\videos\.... etc

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - radiopaque - 08-06-2010

potts.mike Wrote:And they have to be the same path, make them both UNC imports, E.G. \\server\videos\.... etc
Yeah I'll have to look into that. The new Sage My Movies plugin (awesome btw!) requires this as well. Need to think about my directory structure as well, since I have four categories of movies in my main movie directory. SageTV does not have a problem with that, in MyMovies I just made the server monitor each of the four subdirs. But combining CQC, MyMovies and SageTV really does require me to rethink this...:-(