Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 08-01-2010

SamVimes2 Wrote:But if I play a ripped bluray or DVD, or MKV file, through the remote or through MyMovies/CQC WatchShowPath I don't get much metadata about it at all - a lot of stuff is left over from the TV show.
Well, if SageTV is monitoring those video folders and you ran some kind of metadata grabber (i.e. BMT), to fill its database, you can see them... Otherwise I can't really pull those metadata out of thin air... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 08-01-2010

That's exactly what I do (BMT). Sage on the extender has great metadata, it just doesn't seem to populate the CQC driver for the extender.

SamVimes2 Wrote:That's exactly what I do (BMT). Sage on the extender has great metadata, it just doesn't seem to populate the CQC driver for the extender.
If you were using an older version, I think it was sticking pretty much everything in the description field, instead of the proper ones... Which made for some very long Description, that I had to trim down in SageTCPServer...

I just built a new server this weekend, with sage7 and i believe all the latest versions of all the bits:
SageTCPServer from earlier today
GKusnick Studio Tools from the Sage7 builtin plugin library (installed today)
SageMediaServer Driver .99
SagePlayer 2.76

I get no metadata populated in the player driver for anything other than TV.

Also, I had some recordings kick off at 9pm, and the server driver got kicked offline...

But I just reloaded and tried out the new functionality and it works! Shows that are currently recording show up in the 'recorded shows' lists and can be watched on the extender. great job and thanks!

but i just confirmed again, i get no metadata in the extender drivers for blurays, dvds, or mkv. I am using BMT / phoenix fanart for my metadata.

SamVimes2 Wrote:but i just confirmed again, i get no metadata in the extender drivers for blurays, dvds, or mkv. I am using BMT / phoenix fanart for my metadata.
If you enable the debugging in sage.properties and attached the zipped sagetv_0.txt, I can take a look...

Here is a snippet that looks meaningful. Note the exception in SageTCPServer at the end.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - batwater - 08-01-2010

I'm generating my meta data with MyMovies. I have not yet mapped any of the data fields in a template. Will poke around a bit tomorrow and see what I can see regarding meta data. Running with 2 hd200 extenders and the Fonceur's latest code.

-Ben

SamVimes2 Wrote:Here is a snippet that looks meaningful. Note the exception in SageTCPServer at the end.
Indeed, that changeStates method is where it would normally fill out the extra fields. Use the attached version and send me the log for the same file, or any other with such issues.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 08-02-2010

Still no metadata and throwing an exception, but looks like more logging this time. Thanks very much for your help tracking this down.