Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - personalt - 07-28-2010

When my HD-PVR fails it writes out a messages to sagetvmsg.txt. I assume that there is no way to tell when the HD-PVR crashes from the sage driver?

I was thinking I could bounce a upb swtich when it crashes

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - batwater - 07-28-2010

Does anyone have both CQC and taSageTV running at the same time? I'm trying to figure out if I need to define a 2nd local port for taSageTV to go against since I already have CQC connected to SageTV.

I have 1 local port, and 2 extenders defined.

I'm guessing that I need another port for taSageTV but not sure what to call it, I'm guessing that local is a special reserved word. If I do need another port, would I need a 3rd control port for a 2nd phone or what???

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
-Ben

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 07-29-2010

personalt Wrote:I assume that there is no way to tell when the HD-PVR crashes from the sage driver?
I might be adding those types of messages at some point, if I can get access through the API.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 07-29-2010

batwater Wrote:I'm trying to figure out if I need to define a 2nd local port for taSageTV to go against since I already have CQC connected to SageTV.
Yes, just duplicates all the ports, that's how I do simultaneous testing of CQC/ML/Android... Wink

I did start modifying SageTCPServer to handle multiple connections to the same port, but never finished it.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - batwater - 07-29-2010

Fonceur, thanks for the response. So to be clear, I'll create a 2nd local on a different port as well as for each of the extenders. Then on the taSageTV client I will map to each of those newly added ports with the extenders containing the IP address of the server and the ports of the extenders?

Going to test out theory now.

Thanks again
-Ben

edit:

Confirmed understanding, duplicating all ports worked just fine, cool!!! Now going to work on streaming from my SageTV installation to my andriod phone via VLC...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 07-29-2010

please share how that works out for your, as well as which android phone you have (you can pm me that part if you prefer)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - sic0048 - 07-30-2010

SamVimes2 Wrote:please share how that works out for your, as well as which android phone you have (you can pm me that part if you prefer)

Not to side track this thread too much, but I just got a DroidX yesterday! I'm super excited about it. I'm still playing with it and getting everything setup and loaded on it like I want.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - batwater - 07-30-2010

Back to our regularly scheduled program... ;-) Started new thread for this so as to not hijack this one...
-Ben

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 08-01-2010

I have updated SageTCPServer.jar in the first post. For CQC users, the only noticeable difference will be that the list of Recordings will now include the ones in progress, while they were excluded before... I know that someone had requested that change before, but I only found out why it was happening today, due to someone in the taSageTV thread pointing me in the right direction... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 08-01-2010

I requested that change. Thanks very much!

I have upgraded to SageV7 and it is working really well for me, including CQC interaction. However I do have one thing that seems a little off - metadata about non-TV items.

Basically, if i play a TV show on an extender using the remote or CQC interface, I get good metadata about that show through the CQC driver for that extender.

But if I play a ripped bluray or DVD, or MKV file, through the remote or through MyMovies/CQC WatchShowPath I don't get much metadata about it at all - a lot of stuff is left over from the TV show.

Would there be a way to more robustly expose Sage's metadata of the currently playing item?

Thanks for your continued contributions.