Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - batwater - 05-31-2010

So has it been confirmed that v7 of SageTV works with this driver? I'm also using PlayOn media service and have read that the new plugin for Sage v7 works well. I don't have the hardware flexibility to test either one.

Thanks!
Ben

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 05-31-2010

batwater Wrote:So has it been confirmed that v7 of SageTV works with this driver?
A user of my Android version upgraded to SageTV v7.0 just fine, so no reason for the CQC version to act differently. Now if you were to do a clean install of v7.0, I don't know how that would go.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - sic0048 - 05-31-2010

No problems with V7 and this driver. I've already moved to v7 for both my and my parents systems. Both use this driver extensively.

PS - thanks for the new "Recordings" option. Works great and is very handy with V7 due to the new menus.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - batwater - 06-01-2010

There is a mention in the new v7 Plugins that GKusnick's Studio Tools are not compatible with v7 as it has been retired as obsolete and to use "Studio's built-in STVI generator instead." In the context of installation in/for CQC what does this mean?

It looks like I'm having to install these drivers from scratch as at some point during my recent upgrading from 3.1.x all of the installed drivers on my WHS vanished. :-(

Thanks
-Ben

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 06-01-2010

batwater Wrote:to use "Studio's built-in STVI generator instead
That's for people doing some STVi design (i.e. SageTV UI), which we are not...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - batwater - 06-01-2010

I've upgraded everything successfully to the latest versions. I was going to try your sample templates out instead of the ones I made playing a while back, but have a question regarding the CQCRepo (movie repository) in that I already have a MyMovies movie repo would this be usable or do I need to have the separate repo for SageTv?

Thanks for your guidance.
-Ben

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 06-01-2010

batwater Wrote:but have a question regarding the CQCRepo (movie repository) in that I already have a MyMovies movie repo would this be usable or do I need to have the separate repo for SageTv?
The best thing is to test, I'm not sure how much interoperability there is built-in between the various repository...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Dean Roddey - 06-01-2010

Fonceur Wrote:The best thing is to test, I'm not sure how much interoperability there is built-in between the various repository...

For all of the official shipped repositories, they are identical from a driver interface perspective.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Ron Haley - 06-09-2010

I'm using beezlebob's briver. What are the issues in changing, especially compatibility?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 06-09-2010

I'm not sure how much compatibility there is between both, as they diverged a long time and many versions ago... Wink It also depends on which of beezlebob's version you have been using.

For the server part, you can run both at the same time (make sure to define different ports to use), probably off the latest SageTCPServer (unless you're still with SageCQCServer.jar or such).

For the client part, that's probably where there will be the most incompatibilities.

There are some templates in the first post, so I'd suggest trying with those...