Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 05-22-2010

potts.mike Wrote:Has there been any thought put into packaging this up for the new plug in management system?
Not much yet... Waiting for the GKusnick studio tools to work out its issues, so I can mark it as a dependency and simplify that part... Wink It's not clear how I can get the parameters in either.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - potts.mike - 05-22-2010

I'm just glad to see that it's been thought over. Configuring the files in sage was the hardest part for me.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SomeWhatLost - 05-22-2010

Fonceur Wrote:It's not clear how I can get the parameters in either.
simple, you just use the GUI to input the data...
(of course, I have no clue what I am talking about... but it sure seems simple...:-) )

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - sic0048 - 05-26-2010

Fonceur - is it possible to add a command that will take you to the "Recordings" menu of Sage? The "Video" button on the OEM remote does this, but there doesn't seem to be a corresponding command in the SageTV driver. The closest thing I could find was the Video Library command, but that takes you to the imported video library and I would like to directly access the TV Recordings menu.

Thanks,

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 05-26-2010

sic0048 Wrote:I would like to directly access the TV Recordings menu.
You probably want to issue the command "SageTV Recordings" or "Recording Schedule". Without looking at the source, I don't remember if I left a Field available to add customs commands like that, if not, let me know and I'l post an update.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - sic0048 - 05-26-2010

Fonceur Wrote:You probably want to issue the command "SageTV Recordings" or "Recording Schedule". Without looking at the source, I don't remember if I left a Field available to add customs commands like that, if not, let me know and I'l post an update.

There is a "Recording Schedule" command (under the "Menu" field), but that takes you to the future recording schedule. I don't see anything that will take you to recordings that have already been made.

Thanks for looking into it!

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 05-26-2010

sic0048 Wrote:I don't see anything that will take you to recordings that have already been made.
OK, I uploaded version 2.7.5 in the first post, try the "Recordings" in Menu. I also added a SendCommand string field, should you find another short-cut missing... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - sic0048 - 05-27-2010

Excellent! I'll try it out tonight.

Thanks again for your quick work!!!!

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - sic0048 - 05-28-2010

OK - I tried the new version. I see the new "Send Command" field, but I don't see a "Recordings" option under the "Menu" field (or anywhere else for that matter).

Am I missing something?

What command structure should I use for the "SendCommand" fields? Is there a list of commands somewhere?

Thanks,

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 05-28-2010

sic0048 Wrote:I see the new "Send Command" field, but I don't see a "Recordings" option under the "Menu" field
Right, I added it internally, but didn't add it to the actual menu. Try 2.7.6.

Quote:What command structure should I use for the "SendCommand" fields? Is there a list of commands somewhere?
You can check the SageTV manual file (pdf), they typically appear in red.