Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 04-16-2010

George M Wrote:The Power On/Off commands do not work for me.
One of those was broken, if you want to try them again... Also be aware that sometimes putting the extender to sleep will actually kill the telnet layer (if you check your router, the extender won't be visible), so that will require the IR remote to bring it back out of standby...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - bjkiller - 04-18-2010

i have a strange issue, when i reboot sagetv server, the CQC disconnect, and not reconnect at all or for long time, if there some method of pinging, to understand that sagetv server disconnected, and need to reconnect it?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 04-18-2010

bjkiller Wrote:when i reboot sagetv server, the CQC disconnect, and not reconnect at all or for long time
Any chance you could post the logs? As I would expect CQC to reconnect faster than that...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 04-20-2010

Fonceur Wrote:One of those was broken, if you want to try them again... Also be aware that sometimes putting the extender to sleep will actually kill the telnet layer (if you check your router, the extender won't be visible), so that will require the IR remote to bring it back out of standby...

Did you post a new version of the driver for this fix? Is there anyway to bring the extenders back from that state without the remote? I'd like to remove IR from the chain entirely...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - sic0048 - 04-20-2010

Just don't put the extenders into standby mode. I haven't checked, but I would be surprised if the power usage was much different between the two. I have a killawatt so I can measure the power usage between the two modes if I remember to set it up.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 04-20-2010

I always leave them on, but sometimes they turn themselves off (when the server reboots for updates usually, or some other edge cases when they lose connection).

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 04-20-2010

SamVimes2 Wrote:Did you post a new version of the driver for this fix?
That's why I was suggesting to give the new version a try..

Quote:Is there anyway to bring the extenders back from that state without the remote? I'd like to remove IR from the chain entirely...
Sure, walk to the extender and press a button... Wink

If you re-read my explanation, the point is that the Extender's networking is dead, so without the possibility of connecting to it, it's kinda hard to get out of that state... I guess if you have a USB-UIRT or such near, you could have CQC send the IR command that way, but...

SamVimes2 Wrote:I always leave them on, but sometimes they turn themselves off (when the server reboots for updates usually, or some other edge cases when they lose connection).
Yes, that's something that Sage should have addressed by now...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - sic0048 - 04-20-2010

I think you will find that the extenders loose their connection to the Sage server sometimes. It isn't that they go to sleep, but actually loose the connection. That connection is required for the CQC Driver to work as well.

I use the SageExtCtrl program and a script that I run at startup to automatically reboot my extenders. That way if the server does get rebooted for some reason, the Sage extenders get reconnected automatically.

I bet this would clear up about 95% of your disconnect issues.

sic0048 Wrote:I use the SageExtCtrl program and a script that I run at startup to automatically reboot my extenders. That way if the server does get rebooted for some reason, the Sage extenders get reconnected automatically.

I bet this would clear up about 95% of your disconnect issues.
Technically, that application is doing the same thing, issuing a "killall" command... Wink