Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - sic0048 - 03-27-2010

But you could provide a direct URL for the stream. Something like http://<YourIP>:<YourPort>)/ShowIDXXXXX or something like that. If so, then I think we could use the CQC web widget and call a show's specific URL and have it display in the web widget. I'm sure there is another component, like VLC that has to come into play as well, but hopefully we could get it all worked out.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 03-27-2010

OK, in the first post, I updated SageTCPServer to provide streaming through VLC, see the wiki for the configuration. The default transcoding profile is for an Android phone (for taSageTV), but can be changed. The streaming can be through HTTP or RTSP, other options are possible if you can get me the appropriate VLC command line...

The updated Sage Media Server driver gained 2 new fields, StreamAShow which takes a ShowID (Card4) as parameter and StreamingURL which is the URL you should be using through a web browser, media player, etc.

I have updated the RecordedShows template to illustrate the usage, though I haven't figured out the web browser part yet. Maybe you should load a local html file instead which would make use of the URL or something. In principle that URL is not going to change, so you could hardcode it.

Currently there is no provision to kill VLC on exit, and unless you set up VLC in single instance mode, it will spawn a different instance each time, all using the same port...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - jrlewis - 03-27-2010

You will need to embed a VLC player into your webpage. If I remember right you may have a tough time doing it with IE. Seems like I played around with this basic concept to allow playing of video type feeds having VLC streaming the content and couldn't get an embedded vlc player to work in IE. Its been a little while though. Might take a look here and half way down the page here.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - George M - 03-28-2010

Man my head is sore from the pounding!!!

Until I upgraded to 3.1.3 from 3.0.27, I had SageTV, CQC, and My Movies all working together great. Now I cannot get CQC to talk to Sage even though the driver says it is connected - wont play a movie, wont be controlled etc.

Here are some specifics:
CQC 3.1.3
Sage Player Driver 2.7.3 on port 9250
My Movies Collection Manager 3.04

I have these lines in my Sage.properties, and SageClient.properties

load_at_startup_runnable_classes=sagetcpserver.StartServers
sageTCPServer/clients=<MacAddress of HD200>.9251,local.9250,local.9252
sageTCPServer/debugOn=False

As I said, The sage service is started. CQC shows the driver as connected.

My Movies database loads fine into CQC

This is the code I've have used to play the movie through Sage.
// Setup Cookies and Variables for Popup
GlobalVars::SetVariable
P1=GVar:MovieCookie
P2=%(MediaRTV:ColCookie)

P1=GVar:MovieTitleCookie
P2=%(MediaRTV:TitleCookie)

P1=GVar:MovieLocation
P2=%(MediaRTV:LocInfo,"^1")

Devices::FieldWrite
P1=Variables.ShowPath
P2=%(MediaRTV:LocInfo)
P3=True

P1=GVar:MovieSelected
P2=False

P1=GVar:MovieInfo_DispOnly
P2=False

// Invoke Movie Details Popup
IntfViewer::InvokePopup
P1=\User\Q1-Popup-MovieInfo
P2=255
P3=-1 -1

System::Equals
P1=%(GVar:MovieSelected)
P2=True

P1=SagePlayer.Transport
P2=Stop
P3=True

P1=SagePlayer.WatchShowPath
P2=%(MediaRTV:LocInfo, "^1")
P3=True

End

The MoviePopup displays the movie info and if I want to play it sets the GVar:MovieSelected as True, then exits - Otherwise I have a close button that does not.
I added the Field Write to Variables just to verify that the path was being registered - which it is - except that in the field browser for Sage Player driver nothing shows up for WatchShowPath.

This was working great a couple of weeks ago - now not. Cannot think of anything I have added to the system or changed except for the update.

Can anyone see a problem here?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 03-28-2010

Try using (shutdown/edit/restart omitted):

debug_logging=TRUE
sageTCPServer/debugOn=true

and then run through the steps you've used in CQC before and zip up your SageTV\SageTV\sagetv_0.txt and attach it to your reply. Can at least see what is being received by the SageTCPServer... You could also try the templates included in the first post.

Then again, it is possible that something in the CQC upgrade broke something...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Dean Roddey - 03-28-2010

Also run that with the action trace up and see what the actual expanded out parameters are.

Here is the action trace:
TRC: Start Action
Global Vars=
GVar:MovieLocation=E:\Movies\A Few Good Men\VIDEO_TS
GVar:ArtistScrollIndex=0
GVar:MovieSelected=False
GVar:MovieCookie=0,1,23,1
GVar:SelectedAlbum=
GVar:gvKBResult=
GVar:gvKB=
GVar:MovieTitleCookie=0,1,23
GVar:MovieInfo_DispOnly=False
GVar:SelectedArtist=
GVar:gvKBMessage=

CMD: 001. (2ms) - GlobalVars::SetVariable
P1=GVar:MovieSelected
P2=True

VAR: Set variable 'GVar:MovieSelected'
=True

CMD: 002. (2ms) - Devices::FieldWrite
P1=Variables.MovieSelected
P2=True
P3=True

CMD: 003. (7ms) - GlobalVars::SetVariable
P1=GVar:Client-Active
P2=Media-storage

VAR: Set variable 'GVar:Client-Active'
=Media-storage

CMD: 004. (7ms) - IntfViewer::Exit

TRC: End Action [Result=Success]
CMD: 011. (90ms) - If System::Equals
P1=True
P2=True

CMD: 012. (90ms) - Devices::FieldWrite
P1=SagePlayer.Transport
P2=Stop
P3=True

CMD: 013. (526ms) - Devices::FieldWrite
P1=SagePlayer.WatchShowPath
P2=E:\Movies\A Few Good Men\VIDEO_TS
P3=True

CMD: 014. (530ms) - IntfViewer::InvokePopup
P1=\User\Q1-Popup-SageRemote
P2=255
P3=-1 -1

Now I am going to try the sage debug.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 03-28-2010

I'm not sure this is relevant because you said it was all working before you upgraded but shouldn't those slashes be escaped (ie, double slashes) in the movie path?

Fonceur Wrote:Try using (shutdown/edit/restart omitted):

debug_logging=TRUE
sageTCPServer/debugOn=true

and then run through the steps you've used in CQC before and zip up your SageTV\SageTV\sagetv_0.txt and attach it to your reply. Can at least see what is being received by the SageTCPServer... You could also try the templates included in the first post.

Then again, it is possible that something in the CQC upgrade broke something...
Here is the log. The only thing I could see was an exception about gkusnick.sagetv.api

SamVimes2 Wrote:I'm not sure this is relevant because you said it was all working before you upgraded but shouldn't those slashes be escaped (ie, double slashes) in the movie path?

I'm week in this area, but I dont think so - Those are not the code, but what CQC has transcribed it.