Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Dean Roddey - 10-25-2009

Nothing has changed in the driver interface other than the 3.x changes to the backdoor calls. What did you have to change?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-25-2009

Dean Roddey Wrote:Nothing has changed in the driver interface other than the 3.x changes to the backdoor calls. What did you have to change?
I had a method called Send, which I had to rename Send2 as it seemed to conflict with a newly exposed one...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Dean Roddey - 10-25-2009

Hmmm... There's no method called just "Send" in the base driver class.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 10-27-2009

Fonceur Wrote:By using a QueryTextVal method, instead of using common fields, each Client will get a local copy of the content, so Client1 can check ABC and Client2 check Fox simultaneously, without interfering with each other... The drawback is that it is a lot messier, as you now have to deal with parsing one or more long text string, which you can't do without looking at the code itself (or getting some instructions). Thus the need for me to provide some sample templates... Wink

Hey Fonceur, any update on this? I could probably get by with just instructions, but sample templates would be awesome...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-27-2009

SamVimes2 Wrote:Hey Fonceur, any update on this? I could probably get by with just instructions, but sample templates would be awesome...
OK, here's a first version... Currently this relies on the SelectedLineupIndex field, though I haven't explicitly put it there yet, as this should be passed along the other parameters...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 10-27-2009

Fonceur Wrote:OK, here's a first version... Currently this relies on the SelectedLineupIndex field, though I haven't explicitly put it there yet, as this should be passed along the other parameters...

This is a huge help. Do you have something analogous for recorded shows?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-27-2009

SamVimes2 Wrote:Do you have something analogous for recorded shows?
Not yet. While having multiple users simultaneously checking different channels was a real concern, for the other lists, it wasn't such a big deal... So the querytextval methods haven't been implemented yet. Wink But it was planned in order to do fancier stuff, like sorting, filtering and so on.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 11-02-2009

Consider this an impassioned plea for moving it up the queue, or at least changing the order of the items in the current static field implementation.

I'm working on templates for my iphone, and DVR control is a killer feature, but all I can see in the list is the date, time, and channel!

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 11-03-2009

SamVimes2 Wrote:I'm working on templates for my iphone, and DVR control is a killer feature, but all I can see in the list is the date, time, and channel!
Couldn't you use some text wrapping and just display the info over 2 lines?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 11-03-2009

That's what I'm doing. It looks awful. Please help :-)