Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Dean Roddey - 10-13-2009

Yeh, it's gotten into a loop somewhere.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-13-2009

That infinite loop was due to some "pure virtual function calling" or something like that... I wasn't able to track it down as it seemed to happen between 2 breakpoints which had nothing in between, though I guess the polling might have been throwing something out of whack... Moving some array filling to its own method seems to have magically fixed the issue, so I'll just take what I can... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - royalj7 - 10-13-2009

Fonceur Wrote:Are you using it on an HD Extender playing back a DVD and does the HD Extender remote's rewind button work on it?

Yes, I'm playing a ripped DVD on the HD200 extender. The RW on the remote does work, it defaults to -4X with one button push. I tried invoking the rewind command from the admin interface while a movie was playing and no luck either. I appreciate all the help in troubleshooting this!

Thanks,
--Jamie

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-13-2009

royalj7 Wrote:Yes, I'm playing a ripped DVD on the HD200 extender.
You did update the SageTCPServer.jar file and restarted SageTV (service too) since, right?

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 10-14-2009

0.9.6e is working very well for me. All of the info populates, and I have not yet observed the the "connect/lostCommRes" loop of death, even running overnight. Fingers crossed! Thanks for all the hard work!

If this version is now stable, what are the next features lined up??

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-14-2009

I have updated the first post with all the newest versions. (new drivers, SageTCPServer.jar and sample channels template)

I still need to fix the backdoor method to handle multiple lineups.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 10-14-2009

I don't want to jinx it but this is the longest the driver has been connected and stable for months!

If we're in new feature territory, I'd love to see the various lists split somehow into their respective columns, as well as some way to search/filter/query the lists (I have a lot of recorded shows and a lot of channels).

Thanks for all the hard work!

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-14-2009

SamVimes2 Wrote:I don't want to jinx it but this is the longest the driver has been connected and stable for months!
Good, I was running out of options to fix it... Wink

Quote:I'd love to see the various lists split somehow into their respective columns, as well as some way to search/filter/query the lists (I have a lot of recorded shows and a lot of channels).
Then you probably want to look at the backdoor methods... The idea of those field lists was to provide a quick access to the data, with the QueryTextVal method for the fancier stuff. Let me see what the current state is and come up with some samples of template... Wink

EDIT: After a quick check, it seems that the backdoor method doesn't have the columns split either, besides the channels, so much for that... Wink

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - royalj7 - 10-15-2009

Fonceur Wrote:You did update the SageTCPServer.jar file and restarted SageTV (service too) since, right?

I did install the .jar file but did not restart the SageTV service. So I rebooted my Sage/CQC server and the RW still does not work. However, now the MediaPosition does not track correctly. It will start counting up when a movie starts, then it just randomly stops, usually around 7 or 8 seconds into the movie. The MediaPosition was working correctly before I rebooted the server.

Thanks,
--Jamie

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-15-2009

royalj7 Wrote:The MediaPosition was working correctly before I rebooted the server.
The thing is, I didn't touch anything related to it, so it doesn't really make sense that it started to work or died again... Wink If you enable the SageTV logging, you could check the sagetv_0.txt to see if the CTM: messages are getting sent...