Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Driver Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sage Media Server driver (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=5497)

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - personalt - 10-02-2009

Is the creator of this driver still around? This just needs a few little fixes to be an great production ready driver.

The worst problem I see right now is there are instances when this driver causes CQC to peg the CPU. I cant tie it down to any one command though. I set up a monitoring program to watch CPU usage and email me on error but that program only checks CPU every minute so it is tough to tie it to a single command.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 10-02-2009

My impression is that he is around, but his driver works for him, and he'd like to get paid for any further work that's not directly for him.

If he were going to provide active support and further development and his fees were reasonable, I would contribute.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - personalt - 10-02-2009

SamVimes2 Wrote:My impression is that he is around, but his driver works for him, and he'd like to get paid for any further work that's not directly for him.

If he were going to provide active support and further development and his fees were reasonable, I would contribute.

First of, I really like the driver, it is so much more feature rich then the old driver. 90% of what I do with CQC resolves around controlling sage via this driver. I have touch panels in my living and bedrooms that seem to never leave the screen that displays sage data.

The new support for favs, upcoming recordings, channels and EPG data is great.

That being said, when CQC pegs the CPU it takes the whole machine down sometimes.

I understand paying gigs taking priority, I would certainly be willing to contribute as this driver does have a value to me.

As far as debugging, I am not sure what help I can be, I dont see anything written to the CQC logs when this happens. It seems to happen when I am doing something active with sage/cqc. It does not seem to happen overnight or when we are at work. It seems to mostly happen when my wife gets home from work and fires up the TV for the first time after it being off all day.

I will message the driver creator later directly to see if there is anything I can do to help test this and confirm if he has ever seen this error.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-02-2009

SamVimes2 Wrote:My impression is that he is around, but his driver works for him
Well, I don't use CQC or SageTV myself... Wink But I will take a look this weekend and try to finish implementing the multiple lineup support and such.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-02-2009

personalt Wrote:The worst problem I see right now is there are instances when this driver causes CQC to peg the CPU.
Check the SageTV logs, this could be after a guide update or something...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-03-2009

OK, if you have multiple lineups, try this version... I have added the fields:

CurrentLineup: Name of the current lineup (read only).
Lineups: StringList with all your lineups (read only).
SelectedLineupIndex: Write only field to switch between lineups.

So you would use a list browser with Lineups, and have the select event write to the SelectedLineupIndex... The backdoor method is locked to the current lineup, but I'll update that later on...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - SamVimes2 - 10-03-2009

Hi Fonceur,

This new version seems to be working for me - I have all my shows again! I am interested to try the version that has the changing of the lineups working.

Thanks again for all your work on this. You have a PM.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-05-2009

I think I've cleared an issue with multiple lineups...

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - royalj7 - 10-06-2009

Hey Fonceur,

Is there anyway you could look at the below issues? I'd be happy to help troubleshoot.

1. The MediaPosition doesn't seem to work well in my setup. It will start ticking away as the movie starts, but if I fast forward or skip forward it just stops counting and stays where it was. I can restart the movie and the counter restarts but the problem is reproducible. I’ve given it time to catch up but it just hangs and doesn’t update.

2. The Rewind command does not seem to act like it does on the remote. When I invoke it from the driver it skips back 10 seconds instantly, as opposed to playing backwards at 2X speed. I thought maybe it was labeled Previous in the driver, but that skips back 30 seconds.

Sage Media Server driver (beta) - Fonceur - 10-07-2009

Played some more with the timing...