Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
OnTimeout & OnLoad - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CQC Support (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: OnTimeout & OnLoad (/showthread.php?tid=11054)

Pages: 1 2

OnTimeout & OnLoad - gReatAutomation - 02-19-2020

Dean, having some issues using OnTimeout to load an overlay. I have an IV, Test, that has a widget, FrontDoor.

In the Test OnLoad action event, I set a timeout.

[Image: Capture.jpg]

In the Test OnTimeout action event I check a boolean value from a field and if the field is true, I am trying to load an overlay in to the FrontDoor widget located in the Test IV.

Line 3 log event logs the value of the boolean field but when it's true, the System::Equals is never "hooked" despite the value being true.

Is one not able to load overlays from this action event or am I doing this incorrectly?

[Image: Capture2.jpg]

RE: OnTimeout & OnLoad - Dean Roddey - 02-19-2020

I don't think you should even be able to add that command in the OnTimeout, though you may get around it by cutting and pasting. If it does let you add it, that's not the intention. Trying to load an overlay like that is fraught with issues, so I don't try to deal with it.

RE: OnTimeout & OnLoad - gReatAutomation - 02-19-2020

you can add the command just fine without copying/pasting. Any recommendations? I'm trying to load an overlay that contains a camera widget if a boolean field is True.

RE: OnTimeout & OnLoad - Dean Roddey - 02-19-2020

A common way to do this is to create an overlay that is hidden most of the time, and show it when the field is true (use a state for that.) Have a button on the overlay that clears the field, which will make it hide again.

RE: OnTimeout & OnLoad - gReatAutomation - 02-19-2020

Thanks. I had tried that but when I hide the overlay the camera widget in the overlay still remains.

RE: OnTimeout & OnLoad - Dean Roddey - 02-20-2020

That shouldn't be happening, so something is awry there. The overlay is supposed to tell all its children it's being hidden so that they can do something if need be. I'll look at that.

RE: OnTimeout & OnLoad - gReatAutomation - 02-20-2020

thanks for looking.

RE: OnTimeout & OnLoad - gReatAutomation - 05-11-2020

Hey Dean Bumping this topic. Did you have a chance to look. What exactly, are the allowed actions that should be available in OnTimeout?

RE: OnTimeout & OnLoad - kblagron - 05-11-2020

I use OnTimeOut() on my main template, and would love to have a LoadOverlay() to go back to the main overlay, but since that isn't available, I use the LoadNewTemplate() and load the main template again.  

The reason I do this is because I never liked the Blanker option.  On my setup, after a 5 minute delay, I wanted my IV to go back to the main screen, and while it was waiting for a touch to display again, I display a screen show of family photos.  If someone touches the screen, it is back at the main screen.  An overlay would work better, but I can live with this.

RE: OnTimeout & OnLoad - gReatAutomation - 05-11-2020

In the Action Editor for OnTimeout, I can see these IntfViewer commands which are available:

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-05-11-at-14-11-07.jpg]