Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Z-Wave include fails with security - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CQC Support (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Z-Wave include fails with security (/showthread.php?tid=10971)

Pages: 1 2

Z-Wave include fails with security - simplextech - 12-28-2019

I'm trying to setup a new CQC test box for eval and no matter what I try and do the Z-Wave driver fails to include with any primary controller I try.

Windows 10 pc (not vm) running CQC with a UZB USB stick, HS SmartStick+ (UZB too) and a HUSBZB-1.  Is the Aeotec stick the ONLY one that works with CQC?

I've tried with the following primary controllers with no success:
Z-Way server with Razberry
ISY994i

Up next I'll try a HomeSeer install and if I have to I'll pull a Vera Plus out of the box.

RE: Z-Wave include fails with security - Dean Roddey - 12-29-2019

The known good combination is the Aeotec stick along with the Leviton VizaRF+ software master controller, but some folks have used a couple other things.

RE: Z-Wave include fails with security - simplextech - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 06:18 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: The known good combination is the Aeotec stick along with the Leviton VizaRF+ software master controller, but some folks have used a couple other things.

Aeotec stick has been ordered.  I'm hoping for success as I really want to give CQC a good run through.

RE: Z-Wave include fails with security - Dean Roddey - 12-29-2019

Oh, I always forget to mention. You need two sticks in the scenario I mentioned. CQC runs the stick as a secondary controller. So you need a primary. If you use the Vizia software, then it needs its own stick, which is the Leviton Vizia RF Z-Wave stick. So that becomes the primary. It's convenient in that you can put the software on a laptop and take it around with the primary stick and do work, then come back and replicate to the driver. It's also nice in that, when you aren't using the master, it's not doing anything. It's not a separate controller that's banging on the same modules CQC is trying to talk to. When you stop the software it's not interfering at all.

RE: Z-Wave include fails with security - simplextech - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 12:20 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Oh, I always forget to mention. You need two sticks in the scenario I mentioned. CQC runs the stick as a secondary controller. So you need a primary. If you use the Vizia software, then it needs its own stick, which is the Leviton Vizia RF Z-Wave stick. So that becomes the primary. It's convenient in that you can put the software on a laptop and take it around with the primary stick and do work, then come back and replicate to the driver. It's also nice in that, when you aren't using the master, it's not doing anything. It's not a separate controller that's banging on the same modules CQC is trying to talk to. When you stop the software it's not interfering at all.
So I can't just use one of the half dozen z-wave controllers I already have to act as the master and replicate it to CQC?  Does this only really work with the Vizia software?

RE: Z-Wave include fails with security - Dean Roddey - 12-30-2019

Vizia is one known working solution. Some folks used to use SmartThings, though I don't know if that's true anymore. The downside to using something else is that these other things generally also think that they control the Z-Wave network. They aren't just master controllers for doing network setup. That puts a lot more load on the Z-Wave network because they are banging on it all the time (and who knows that they are doing to in the process since they probably assume no one matters but them), and they can interfere by resetting the configuraiton of modules and such. The Vizis solution is optimal in that it is only a master controller and nothing else and it's idle when you aren't using it.

RE: Z-Wave include fails with security - simplextech - 12-30-2019

I'll have to look into and around this and see if something else will work. Or not I don't have much z-wave to care about just thermostat's.

RE: Z-Wave include fails with security - simplextech - 01-04-2020

Using an Aeotec z-wave stick in the CQC server and using a UZB and Zensys Tools from Silabs on my other system I'm still getting the same replication failure from security.

This should be the exact same scenario setup as your Vizia as the Zensys Tools is a software only interface and controller. I can see the Aeotec stick being added but then when it tries to do the security exchange it fails. It's not a distance issue as the two usb sticks are 2 feet from each other.

01/04 16:33:48-DESKTOP-SQT1BDR, CQCServer, ZWRepThreadZWave
{
ZWaveUSB3S, ZWaveUSB3S_DriverImpl.cpp.314, Failed/Timeout, Error: 4003/0/0
Timed out on reply. Unit=0, msg=4, class=Security, ccmd=Scheme Get
<CQCServer> ZWaveUSB3S_DriverImpl2.cpp - 522

}
01/04 16:33:48-DESKTOP-SQT1BDR, CQCServer, ZWRepThreadZWave
{
ZWaveUSB3S, ZWaveUSB3S_DriverImpl2.cpp.532, Failed/Cannot Do
An exception occurred in the post-replication processing
}
01/04 16:34:38-DESKTOP-SQT1BDR, CQCServer, ZWRepThreadZWave
{

}
01/04 16:34:38-DESKTOP-SQT1BDR, CQCServer, ZWRepThreadZWave
{
}
01/04 16:36:36-DESKTOP-SQT1BDR, CQCServer, CQCDrv_ZWaveThread12
{
CQCKit, ZWaveUSB3S_DriverImpl.cpp.1223, Status/App Status
(Driver=ZWave) - Replication failed, taking no action
}
01/04 16:37:22-DESKTOP-SQT1BDR, CQCServer, ZWRepThreadZWave
{

}
01/04 16:37:22-DESKTOP-SQT1BDR, CQCServer, ZWRepThreadZWave
{
}
01/04 16:37:22-DESKTOP-SQT1BDR, CQCServer, CQCDrv_ZWaveThread12
{
}
01/04 16:37:47-DESKTOP-SQT1BDR, CQCServer, ZWRepThreadZWave
{

}
01/04 16:37:47-DESKTOP-SQT1BDR, CQCServer, ZWRepThreadZWave
{
}
01/04 16:37:47-DESKTOP-SQT1BDR, CQCServer, CQCDrv_ZWaveThread12
{
}

RE: Z-Wave include fails with security - Dean Roddey - 01-04-2020

Theres's not really much standardization on the security inclusion stuff. That's a big hole in the spec. There's nothing that says that they can't wait many minutes before completing it, but the driver can't wait that long. I'm assuming it's something of that nature. Z-Wave is a mess.

Just to be sure, use the little button on the back of the Aoeon stick to factory reset it and try again. Probably won't help, but best to make sure it's not some previous setup on the guy. I would also have the driver do an exclusion first. That may fail, but it'll insure the driver doesn't think it's part of a network and is starting from scratch (similar to how you have to do units.)

RE: Z-Wave include fails with security - simplextech - 01-04-2020

(01-04-2020, 01:54 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Theres's not really much standardization on the security inclusion stuff. That's a big hole in the spec. There's nothing that says that they can't wait many minutes before completing it, but the driver can't wait that long. I'm assuming it's something of that nature. Z-Wave is a mess.

Just to be sure, use the little button on the back of the Aoeon stick to factory reset it and try again. Probably won't help, but best to make sure it's not some previous setup on the guy. I would also have the driver do an exclusion first. That may fail, but it'll insure the driver doesn't think it's part of a network and is starting from scratch (similar to how you have to do units.)

Yeah I always reset or exclude any z-wave before trying to use it.  

I scrapped the older Zensys Tools that I had and I went and got the latest/greatest Z-Wave PC Controller from Silabs directly (login/developer access required).  With that I was able to include CQC without any issues.  I'm going to play around and test.  Main functionality I "need" are thermostat so I'll give that a go first.  

I'm hoping Silabs opens up (maybe they have) access to the PC Controller download.  That will open up the use of lots of z-wave sticks for this.