Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Querying Garade Door w/ Echo - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CQC Support (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Querying Garade Door w/ Echo (/showthread.php?tid=10134)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Querying Garade Door w/ Echo - Dean Roddey - 01-26-2017

There's not a limit, it just shortens thing when you copy and paste, to keep it from getting too long, and puts ellipsis at the end. One often useful way to help with these things is to copy the action (Copy All button at the bottom), then go create a dummy global action and paste it into that. The global actions have a Test button that you can test and see the results of the action, with all of the tokens expanded out to see what you are really getting.

So it would be worth doing that just to see what is happening in that action.

RE: Querying Garade Door w/ Echo - rbejr - 01-27-2017

This is actually a global action and I tried to test it using the test button but was confused by the results.  I'll try it again when I get home from work.

Do I just pass along values like "True" and "False" to it for testing?

RE: Querying Garade Door w/ Echo - Dean Roddey - 01-27-2017

In that situation, don't pass anything. You can make use of that later, but your action isn't using any parameter.

It's working correctly when I test the action, but Alexa doesn't repeat the right phase.  Instead of saying the garage door is open she always says the garage door is closed.  I've attached a screen shot of the test.  Its weird because I can see from the logs that Alexa picks up the right phase so is running the correct global action. My config file is below

EchoConfig
    MyKey=ABCDEF
EndEchoConfig

RunMap
EndRunMap
SetMap

Action=\User\Echo\SetMedia
     Volume, Music Volume, Theater Volume
   EndAction

EndSetMap

QueryMap
    Action=\User\Echo\WestGarageDoorStatus
 West Garage Door
 West Garage
    EndAction

Action=\User\Echo\NorthGarageDoorStatus
    North Garage Door
 North Garage
    EndAction

EndQueryMap

[attachment=1990]

Put in a System::LogMsg command that just logs the value of the field. So just do the $() type token as the message text to log, so it should log the value of the ISY sensor field, and let's see what it shows.

And you've forced Alexa to reload the latest config file, right? Though, if you are running the right global action I guess that would be close enough regardless.

So I added the following line to the beginning of the global action:

System::LogMsg($(ISY.Garage2Door-Sensor_Switch), 0, $(ISY.Garage2Door-Sensor_Switch), Status)

And the results of the test are here:

[attachment=1991]

But make it happen via the Echo so we see what the value is there, since that's the scenario that's causing issues. You only need to log the value once, the first parameter can be just some identifier, like Sensor Switch State or something like that.

System::LogMsg(Sensor Switch State, 0, $(ISY.Garage2Door-Sensor_Switch), Status)

Bring u the log monitor program, clear the output, do the Echo command to make it query the state of Garage2Door. And that should spit out a log message. Right click in the output window and copy the text and paste it here.

Ok, here is the output from the log:

01/27 20:49:12-Basement, CQCWebSrv, CQCWebSrvWorkerThread0
{
    CQCWebSrvC, CQCWebSrvC_EchoHandler.cpp.809, Status/App Status
    Key=ABCDEF, Intent=CQCQueryIntent, Phrase=west garage door, Value=
}

If that log message you just put into the global action didn't show up, then that can't possibly be the action that you invoked. So if that's the only thing that showed up above, then the Echo has to be running some other action than what you are testing in the Admin interface.

Have you forced the Echo support to reload your configuration file? If not, you could be running some previous version of it.

I've reloaded the configuration files so I know that isn't the issue.  It seems to be something specific to the ISY because I have an identical action using the GC-100 and it works.  Also, I just made two new global actions to open and close the two garage doors via the echo.  Same deal there, the GC-100 works fine but ISY doesn't.  There aren't any other global actions it could be running.