Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather Underground Driver
Dean,

Not sure how long this been occurring, it might be only a day or two, but the "curprecip" value is erring out. All other fields look good.

I have two stations(two drivers) and they are both doing this.
Most likely the values aren't in the provided data, or are out of bounds or something. You can always look at the raw data using the URL info in the WU driver doc, which tells you how to create the URL for your particular stations.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I have also found some recent problems in the WeatherUnderground driver. If you want to with current data, my location code is pws:IMONTEPU2.json

These are the problem driver fields with the mapping (I think) to metric values.

CurPrecip (Float8) -> "precip_1hr_metric":" 0", or "precip_today_metric":"--",
This field is red in the browser

CurWindDegrees (Card4 Range:0,360) -> "wind_degrees":-9999,
This field is red in the browser. There is no wind at the moment

CurWindSpeed (Card4) -> "wind_kph":0,
This field shows a value of 4294951205 is the browser. That's really strong!!

PJG
If those are the actual values from the file, then the first two are legitimate, in that the station you are looking at isn't providing them. Not sure why the wind kph isn't working, I can take a look at that one.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:If those are the actual values from the file, then the first two are legitimate, in that the station you are looking at isn't providing them. Not sure why the wind kph isn't working, I can take a look at that one.

I can see that they are legit values as far as WeatherUnderground is concerend, but that are not as far as the CQC driver is concerend, which is why they are in RED in the field browser. If the WindDirection is -999, but the CQC field is a Card4 with Range:0,360 then it it will show an error. The same goes for the "-.-" which is not a Float8.

Perhaps you need to check the string first to see if it is a valid number before converting it. If not then replace it with 0 or some other sensible value.

PJG
Those values indicate that no value is available. The driver already is checking for those values specifically. Since they indicate no value is available, it puts those fields into error state, which is the correct thing to do. Drivers should never indicate a value that isn't actually reported, since that would be misleading. If no value is available the field should be in error state.

BTW, I fixed the wind speed thing yesterday.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Z-Wave driver preview Dean Roddey 152 12,724 07-15-2019, 04:56 PM
Last Post: kfly
  SMS Driver gReatAutomation 12 123 07-14-2019, 07:01 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Global Cache Driver gReatAutomation 4 125 07-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Weather tom 69 4,901 06-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey