Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uploading to PWS in Weather Underground
CQC's current weather underground driver is great for accessing information from a nearby weather station.

Now I would like to UPLOAD my temperature to my own PWS (personal weather station) on weather underground.

I have a very accurate, well-sited, outdoor thermometer that is attached to CQC via Tekmar driver. I would like to upload that temperature every 5 minutes or so.

The benefit for me would be long-term storage of my outdoor temperature data.

The benefit to my local community would be more accurate current readings (and thus forecasts, based on how WU makes forecasts). The closest PWS reads way too high in late afternoon.

Most other PWSs uses specialized hardware or software (e.g., WeatherHawk). I would be happy to credit "CQC" as the weather station hardware/software.

The protocol for uploading uses simple GET approach. Details here:
http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/P...d_Protocol

Thanks!
You wouldn't need any changes to do that. You can already easily enough send an HTTP command, which is all that's required it appears. So a simple CML macro, in a scheduled event, could do that.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Has anyone noticed a variation between the real time data reported from your PWS uploaded to the Weather underground server and then subsequently fed back to CQC via the WU driver?

I have my update setting @ every 3 minutes but there is always differences (albeit decimals) in reported values. Both my weather station display, and the WU website always agree to the decimal; its just the reported values via CQC driver.

You know,,,, its just one of those little things that's bugs me.:confused:
If it's in the last decimal place it may be just due to how they round and how many decimal places they start with.
Dean Roddey
Not sure. My PWS reports barometric pressure of 30.25, WE reports my station at 30.25, and CQC has is reporting 30.32. Looking back at the data history table on the WU site, my station has not reported that value at all today.

Attached Files
.png   Barometric Pressure Capture.PNG (Size: 18.03 KB / Downloads: 3)
You can easily enough go to the same web page that the driver does and see what is being reported. I don't think that the driver would change what is being reported, so I assume that that is what is coming in from the WU.
Dean Roddey
khill Wrote:Not sure. My PWS reports barometric pressure of 30.25, WE reports my station at 30.25, and CQC has is reporting 30.32. Looking back at the data history table on the WU site, my station has not reported that value at all today.

The above graphed data is from the WU website looking at my weather station. My weather station ID is property input into the CQC driver config - how can I tell where the driver is actually looking?
It's explained on the WU driver documentation page. Just plug your location and account id into the URL and that's what the driver is pulling down.
Dean Roddey
Got the data from the WU api data link and the values agree with what my weather station display is reporting. So what the driver is pulling into CQC is correct data however it is not displaying the same data.... (see screenshots).

Could it be a widget problem? I'm using a "Field Numeric Text" widget.

Attached Files
.png   WU_API.PNG (Size: 28.16 KB / Downloads: 7)
here is my cqc WU screenshot

Attached Files
.png   CQC_WU_screenshot.PNG (Size: 8.7 KB / Downloads: 7)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weather tom 69 4,887 06-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  weather template help zane 20 8,545 01-13-2017, 05:48 PM
  Weather images vanished pjgregory 1 1,492 12-31-2016, 08:18 AM
Last Post: khill
  Weather Radar potts.mike 22 6,111 05-30-2016, 07:17 AM
Last Post: kblagron
  Weather Underground Issue? sic0048 5 2,150 04-02-2016, 09:14 AM
  Weather questions royalj7 2 1,404 10-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Radar weather web widget crashed infviewer Ron Haley 12 4,056 06-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  Weather Underground Driver zra 5 1,845 03-25-2015, 08:01 AM
  Weather Underground driver Sunset is Sunrise rbroders 8 2,741 02-03-2015, 07:11 PM
  4.6.0 - Weather Channel Icon Mark Stega 9 3,155 11-11-2014, 06:31 AM
Last Post: DaveB