Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather Underground driver Sunset is Sunrise
Looked closely at sunset and noticed that it indicating 7:11am (same as sunrise).

I suspect a minor bug in your driver (now that I verified my screen is correct).

Thanks -- Bob
That is interesting. When did that happen. It worked prior but must have gotten wacked in one of the updates. I never noticed it until you pointed it out.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
I'll take a look at it. Maybe it's an advanced form of daylight savings or something.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
OK, I fixed this for the next round.
Dean Roddey
Noticed yesterday that some of my outdoor lights keyed off Sunrise and Sunset were not working properly. Traced the problem to Weather Underground driver. The driver displays all the correct weather information, but sunrise and sunset are about 6 hrs. off. My settings for the driver all look the same from when the correct times were displayed. Is anybody else seeing the oddities with Sunrise and Sunset in Weather Underground driver?
Sunrise and sunset triggered events are not driven off of the weather channel info, that is calculated by use based on your time zone and lat/long settings you configured in CQC. So unless you are specifically using the WU sunrise/sunset values, that wouldn't affect your triggered events. Though why they are off by six hours is of interest. Six hours is suspect because that's your time zone offset from UTC during non-DST parts of the year.

Check your CQC lat/long settings (done via the Administer menu item in the Admin Interface) and check your machine's time zone setting.
Dean Roddey
Yeah, I am referencing the Sunrise and Sunset from Weather Underground driver. If I want to use the Sunrise and Sunset calculated from CQC, where do I point for that information?
Normally it's just implicitly accessed in that you can set up scheduled events to happen at sunrise and sunset (or up to an hour before or after them.)

The IsNight action command also implicitly uses the lat/long info to know if it's night or not.
Dean Roddey
The WU driver page explains the URL that is used to query the data. You can do it manually in the browser and find the lat/long info being returned to see what's coming back. It almost would have to be in the actual data, since the driver wouldn't change it from the values provided. But that's one way to make sure.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Z-Wave driver preview Dean Roddey 156 12,919 Yesterday, 05:51 AM
Last Post: kfly
  SMS Driver gReatAutomation 12 167 07-14-2019, 07:01 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Global Cache Driver gReatAutomation 4 157 07-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Weather tom 69 4,943 06-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey