Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lutron Radio RA2
im thinking of using it for keypads, plus it would give me the base components to grow a system if i so choose.

i can snag a main repeater for less than the price of an ISY, and the Pico 4 button keypad is $36.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
Have you checked out Lutron Caseta to see if it would meet your needs? I'm not very familiar with it but if you aren't going full RadioRa2, I'd at least suggest checking it out to see if it meets your needs.

But for your use, it is easy to monitor the RadioRa2 commands for key presses using the driver to do all sorts of actions.
Though there's no driver for that like there is with RA2.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
For those using the keypad to drive action in CQC - how is it working out?

Have any of you experienced an issue where the system freezes/queues up if a button is repeatedly pressed (Think raise/lower or child/elderly pushing whatever) ?

My goal would be for the following behavior:

Keypad ---> CQC -----> Lutron Repeater (Scene)

The lag doing this is somewhat acceptable (~1/2 second) but if there is a lot of keypad activity or multiple button presses occurring the delay/lag increases exponentially into seconds delay.
Are you trying to react to these presses in CQC by triggering a user action or something? If so, that's probably never going to work because the Lutron system just doesn't respond quickly enough for that. One of them will already be running when the next ones starts and then there'll be three of them and so forth.

At best what you''d have to do is prevent more than one from running at a time by using a global variable or something, maybe using it to count how many presses you have skipped so that the next one that does run can do that many adjustments or something like that

It would be tricky to make it work right if some just bangs on the button. Are you trying to trigger a triggered event that will raise/lower a scene's lighting level or something?
Dean Roddey
Dean,
A while back we discussed that you would expand this driver to include other classes, specifically shades.
Would you find some time to do so?
I have roller shades and motorized venetian blinds on my RA2.
Both work when defined as light dimmers, so the driver logic is mostly there.
Could open up my system if testing is needed.
Let me get further along on the two big 5.1 features first. once those are out there and folks banging on them, I can take some time to look at some driver stuff.
Dean Roddey
Late to the Lutron party here. Wink

I finally got around to installing my RA2 radio and test dimmer (garage carriage lights). I'm trying to configure the integration correctly. I have a telnet user/pass setup in Lutron, and configured this in CQC... going IP based. Is there a port setting in Lutron that I can't find? Or is the default CQC picks okay to use, or pick any? Also, I'm assuming I don't need a connect bridge for this.

Thanks guys.... one hurdle at a time.

<edit> Figured it out... at least the connection part. Didn't update the radio after adding the telnet account.
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
(02-06-2019, 08:50 PM)rtarver Wrote: Late to the Lutron party here.  Wink

I finally got around to installing my RA2 radio and test dimmer (garage carriage lights).  I'm trying to configure the integration correctly.  I have a telnet user/pass setup in Lutron, and configured this in CQC... going IP based.  Is there a port setting in Lutron that I can't find?  Or is the default CQC picks okay to use, or pick any?  Also, I'm assuming I don't need a connect bridge for this.

Thanks guys.... one hurdle at a time.

<edit>  Figured it out... at least the connection part.  Didn't update the radio after adding the telnet account.

I think you find that you will get it all set up and it will just work.  I have tried 2 other lighting systems and while they worked they were always quirky.   RadioRa2 just works.  My only issue is since I have been doing it in stages due to cost I tend to forget how to set them up each time in the software since I never have to mess with it after the initial setup!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  W800RF32 by WGL (32 bit radio receiver) driver by BPH bph 68 21,060 05-14-2016, 08:01 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  XM Radio Channel Information Driver Jonathan 168 40,826 09-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Pandora Radio using Sproxy. pasha 59 17,261 09-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Last Post: batwater
  Lutron IP Driver pseigler 15 8,707 08-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  XM Radio & Pandora 0 248 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  HD Radio 0 248 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: