Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.3 Beta Discussion Thread
4.2 is released, so the 4.2 beta thread is closed. This is a new one for 4.3 beta discussions.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I spent the last couple days going back and exposing myself again to all the SIP, SDP, RTP, RTCP, etc... protocol stuff. It's making more sense now, and I see what some of the testing and debugging tools are. I'm going to start doing some experiments on this front.

It would seem to me that the initial step is to provide a two way audio SIP/RTP client. That could be both embedded in the viewer, which would allow any viewer to make and receive calls. And it could be used in various ways on the back end to allow CQC to make SIP based calls to deliver information. The client side part of SIP isn't overly complex per se.

That would mean you'd initially at least have to have some sort of SIP enabled proxy/registration type server running to handle anything that's not just client agent to client agent type calls, to handle registration and presence, forwarding off domain calls, and so forth. Eventually I'd like to provide a pretty nice proxy/registration server as well, but a good first step would be the client agent functionality.

This will also require getting the stuff in place to capture content from an audio input, and how to inject received audio content into the DirectShow system for reproduction. At some point this would also open the door to calling into CQC and sending voice commands, since the above would put everything required into place other than feeding the audio into the speech recognition engine.
Dean Roddey
I've started on getting the old Emerald theme reinstated. I'm going to do this and get a 4.3.1 version. Theme stufff is very peripheral in terms of anything that could affect stability, so if folks are happy with it, I'll make it the official version. No need to wait until the next formal release to get this out, and we can have more than one theme again.
Dean Roddey
Dean, when you get a chance,

Can you please document the SockPinger class added in 4.2 in the CML runtime?
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Oops, I thought I did. Or maybe I did but forgot to link it in. I'll check.
Dean Roddey
Lets hope the new iTunes (which may be released as early as tomorrow) doesn't change everything you just did with the new iTunes driver.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
I wouldn't doubt it, but hopefully not. I'm not using too much of the functionality, and nothing fancy.
Dean Roddey
Dean, I posted this in another thread already but I though I would add it here too. I would really like to see you add a multi-touch Interface Viewer to the 4.3 beta cycle. Thanks.
This might not be high on the list, but I consider myself the target audience for the auto-gen functionality Smile, and I would love to see a 1024x768 template size.
bryanb Wrote:Dean, I posted this in another thread already but I though I would add it here too. I would really like to see you add a multi-touch Interface Viewer to the 4.3 beta cycle. Thanks.

It's something that's on 'the list', and I've put some thought into how it might happen. As we've discussed before, things like real multi-touch wouldn't really have much application, since you don't get to size/rotate things in the IV. But ballistic scrolling and perhaps some gestures (which don't actually require that any application level code understand more than one touch point, only that they are understood down at some low level where they can be translated into some sort of call to do something) would be useful.

Of course I don't have any multi-touch capable device, and it would be a joke to try to support it even if I had one if that device was some separate tablet type thing and I had to copy changes to it and try to test them without any debugging capability. The ballistic scrolling wouldn't require that since it requires only a single touch point anyway, but actual multi-point gestures would.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MQTT support discussion Dean Roddey 30 399 9 hours ago
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 340 22,893 02-19-2019, 08:27 PM
Last Post: kfly
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 35 3,339 02-18-2019, 05:00 PM
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 120,086 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 6,229 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 77,691 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 7,684 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 176,934 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 17,561 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 455,132 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM