Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leviton DZR15-1RZ Receptacle - NoAutoMatch
What do I do to help add support for this device, a Leviton DZR15-1RZ Receptacle?

[Image: Screen-Shot-2019-05-22-at-16-56-24.jpg]
I'll try to find some info. In the meantime, set to a generic switch and you will be able to control it, though you won't get feedback. For the most part it's easy to add support for these types of devices, though of course never say never with Z-Wave.

One thing you can do, is click the down arrow on the left of it and get me a module info dump.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(05-22-2019, 02:04 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I'll try to find some info. In the meantime, set to a generic switch and you will be able to control it, though you won't get feedback. For the most part it's easy to add support for these types of devices, though of course never say never with Z-Wave.

One thing you can do, is click the down arrow on the left of it and get me a module info dump.

Attached...

.txt   Leviton_DZR15-1RZ_Receptacle.CQCZWDump.txt (Size: 240 bytes / Downloads: 2)

All of my Z-Wave items for lighting and receptacles are Leviton. I'll add a dimmer and regular switch and see if I get the same thing.
I've added a file for this one for the next drop. Looks like it will just be write only anyway since it doesn't support associations, so it can't report changes asynchronously.
Dean Roddey
(05-22-2019, 03:00 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I've added a file for this one for the next drop. Looks like it will just be write only anyway since it doesn't support associations, so it can't report changes asynchronously.

Thanks. I know when it's connected to Smart Things you can see if it is off or on. Does what you said mean that it will not be able to do this with CQC. That is, will CQC know its' "state": on or off?
I've been able to successfully add and have CQC recognize:
  • Leviton DZ6HD-1BZ Decora Smart 600W Dimmer
  • Leviton DZ15S-1BZ Decora Smart Switch
Will report back with additional items that are successful.
(05-22-2019, 03:58 PM)gReatAutomation Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 03:00 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I've added a file for this one for the next drop. Looks like it will just be write only anyway since it doesn't support associations, so it can't report changes asynchronously.

Thanks. I know when it's connected to Smart Things you can see if it is off or on. Does what you said mean that it will not be able to do this with CQC. That is, will CQC know its' "state": on or off?

SmartThings probably polls it. But you can't poll quickly with Z-wave without just bogging the whole thing down, and having it know something change 15 seconds later typically isn't very useful since the biggest reason you want to know is so you can react to it in some way. Having the reaction being even a couple seconds later is usually annoying.

So we just don't poll anymore. It's not worth it. Most all modern stuff handles async reporting, and that keeps the Z-Wave network clear so that it's more responsive when something does happen. Some products may also just assume they are the only thing that matters and will beat the Z-Wave network death trying to poll quickly so that they look better. Then something else shows up doing the same and it gets worse, and things will start slowing down with retries and such.

We do a very slow poll if it's an always on type unit, just to make sure it's still there, but that's not really of any use as a current status.
Dean Roddey
(05-22-2019, 04:28 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 03:58 PM)gReatAutomation Wrote:

SmartThings probably polls it. But you can't poll quickly with Z-wave without just bogging the whole thing down, and having it know something change 15 seconds later typically isn't very useful since the biggest reason you want to know is so you can react to it in some way. Having the reaction being even a couple seconds later is usually annoying.

So we just don't poll anymore. It's not worth it. Most all modern stuff handles async reporting, and that keeps the Z-Wave network clear so that it's more responsive when something does happen. Some products may also just assume they are the only thing that matters and will beat the Z-Wave network death trying to poll quickly so that they look better. Then something else shows up doing the same and it gets worse, and things will start slowing down with retries and such.

We do a very slow poll if it's an always on type unit, just to make sure it's still there, but that's not really of any use as a current status.

Thanks. This explains a few things when I was using SmartThings.
The outlet is in the 5.3.956 beta I just uploaded. Of course that was just by eye, so if it doesn't work exactly as planned we'll have to dig in, but it's fairly simple and should be OK.
Dean Roddey
You'll need to drop down the menu for it and force it to rescan, since you already manually assigned a type to it. That won't be automatically overridden.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Honeywell TH8320ZW Thermostat - NoAutoMatch gReatAutomation 23 586 Today, 03:40 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  MIMOlite Module - NoAutoMatch gReatAutomation 12 246 Today, 03:39 AM
  Leak Gopher Control Valve - NoAutoMatch gReatAutomation 5 175 06-12-2019, 05:09 PM
  Why did I buy some leviton switches instead of GE? ghurty 3 1,799 05-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  Which leviton switch (not dimmer) is compatible with v2 drivers? ghurty 8 3,525 07-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  Any Leviton Z-Wave systems I can connect to? Dean Roddey 9 2,835 09-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Last Post: jaydonoghue
  Leviton Z-wave VRC0P +3 read fail finish.06 16 3,262 03-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Last Post: finish.06