Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking forward to the next drop (6.x?)
OK, that clearly points in a particular direction. Nothing in the logs from the web server that looks relevant?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Do you have more than just a master server? If you have another machine that is CQC enabled, just as another good divide and conquer test, install the web server on that guy and move some of the WebRIVA clients to that web server, to see if lightening the load makes a difference.
Dean Roddey
Just one CQC machine.
I see there is a CQCWebSrv_13716_00000.LocalLog   in the Logs directory. Is that the right log file?
But it is zero length file. Can I turn on debugging? or verbose some how to catch the next time the Webriva hangs?
Thanks again
kevin
It would just be stuff going to the regular CQC logs. Some logging can also be turned on in the browser clients, which we may try as well. But for now I was just wondering if the Web Server was logging anything useful to the CQC log server.
Dean Roddey
ok lets see if this helps.
If I relaunch the webriva ipad client I see this in the log. (when clients are all stuck in "connecting to cqc")

05/27 15:49:40-CQC-PC, CQCWebSrv, WebSockHandThreadThread82
{
    CIDLib, CIDLib_Thread.cpp.1651, Failed/Already, Error: 2455/0/0
    Thread 'CQCWebRIVAGUIThread_5' is already running
      <CQCWebSrv> CQCWebSrvC_WebRIVAHandler.cpp - 1746
      <CQCWebSrv> CQCWebSrvC_WebRIVAHandler.cpp - 1524

}

Does not look like the CQC webserver is hosed.
I put a test hello world  html file in the webriva home directory, and the clients get the "hello Page" just fine. 
http://192.168.2.118:8181/cqsl/webriva/ktest.html

Just get stuck "connecting to CQC" when I try to pull up the index.html.
http://192.168.2.118:8181/cqsl/webriva/i...pad&pw=xxx
Yeh, that's good info, and likely the root cause. It means that apparently that some threads serving the WebRIVA clients are getting stuck and can't be stopped.

It makes sense that the web server would respond OK otherwise. Regular web content is served by a separate subsystem than WebSocket connections used by WebRIVA (since the latter are persistent connections.)

The Web Server isn't showing high CPU usage when it gets into this state is it?
Dean Roddey
(05-27-2019, 01:27 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Yeh, that's good info, and likely the root cause. It means that apparently that some threads serving the WebRIVA clients are getting stuck and can't be stopped.

It makes sense that the web server would respond OK otherwise. Regular web content is served by a separate subsystem than WebSocket connections used by WebRIVA (since the latter are persistent connections.)

The Web Server isn't showing high CPU usage when it gets into this state is it?

Nope all is quiet. as per earlier post when in hung state.

[Image: wjevETM.jpg]
I'm wondering if the clients are going to sleep in some way, and the socket connection is being dropped but not cleanly dropped and that is hanging up a socket read on the other side.
Dean Roddey
Not to be a thread nazi, but this is not relevant to the thread and really should sit in its own thread so that it can be found by others in the future.

Dean - can you strip out the posts and move them? This one can be deleted as well if you choose.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
I may just let this one go and then delete it and create a new one. That would probably be less work.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Text to Speech changes in 5.0.9 and forward Dean Roddey 0 2,152 01-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Audio Drop Out simon 3 2,503 07-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Last Post: simon
  Next drop date simon 1 2,196 04-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey