Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windoze knows best... edgeport drivers :(
I'm about to pull what remaining hair I have left out.  Just built a brand new NUC with a fresh Win10 license.  I have a USB based 16-port edge port.  Windows picks up on it but only sees 8 of the ports.  I need more than that.  For the life of me, I can't get the digiport driver installer to install correctly.  I'm pretty sure it's a rights issue to /system32 folder.  I can run as admin, I can grant permissions, I can take possession, etc.  Pretty much everything I've googled to no avail.

Anybody have any suggestions to get win10 to see the other 8 ports?  I know this probably isn't the best forum for it... but I dread going all noobie in another forum.

TIA,

Russ
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
You don't have another port that might be sitting in the range it's trying to assign or something, do you? Unlikely, but worth asking. I.e. it might require a contiguous set and fails if something else is in the way.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I can't see anyone out there reporting the same problem. Doesn't mean there aren't lots of them, sometimes these things are hard to search successfully. But it sort of leans towards something specific to your set up maybe.

Is there a BIOS limit to the number of serial ports or something?
Dean Roddey
Edit - Disregard, I misread your original post and thought you had a device similar to mine, but the one I have is Ethernet based, not USB based.

I have a Digi Etherlite 16 on my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CQC Server, and used their Digi RealPort Driver & Setup Wizard - Version 4.5.372.0, dated 04/19/2013. I am not sure if your Digi product uses the same software as my device as mine is quite old.  However, the software  I installed does include a 64 bit driver for Windows Server 2008 R2, probably the newer version has one for Windows 10.  I am not sure whether I installed the 32 or 64 bit version as it was sometime ago, but all 16 ports are working fine.  Is this the driver you used? - It looks to be updated from my version -> https://www.digi.com/support/productdetail?pid=3037
(02-04-2019, 08:26 PM)rtarver Wrote: I'm about to pull what remaining hair I have left out.  Just built a brand new NUC with a fresh Win10 license.  I have a USB based 16-port edge port.  Windows picks up on it but only sees 8 of the ports.  I need more than that.  For the life of me, I can't get the digiport driver installer to install correctly.  I'm pretty sure it's a rights issue to /system32 folder.  I can run as admin, I can grant permissions, I can take possession, etc.  Pretty much everything I've googled to no avail.

Anybody have any suggestions to get win10 to see the other 8 ports?  I know this probably isn't the best forum for it... but I dread going all noobie in another forum.

TIA,

Russ

I'm running a Edgeport 416 on a Windows 7 machine without any issues, but I haven't tried it on Windows 10 yet.  Sorry.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
(02-05-2019, 12:46 PM)sic0048 Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 08:26 PM)rtarver Wrote: I'm about to pull what remaining hair I have left out.  Just built a brand new NUC with a fresh Win10 license.  I have a USB based 16-port edge port.  Windows picks up on it but only sees 8 of the ports.  I need more than that.  For the life of me, I can't get the digiport driver installer to install correctly.  I'm pretty sure it's a rights issue to /system32 folder.  I can run as admin, I can grant permissions, I can take possession, etc.  Pretty much everything I've googled to no avail.

TIA,

Russ

I'm running a Edgeport 416 on a Windows 7 machine without any issues, but I haven't tried it on Windows 10 yet.  Sorry.

Pretty sure I"m running the 416 too.
Flamin' Noobie...
Here's my puppy:  https://www.digi.com/products/models/301-2000-10.

I'll tackle it again tonight.  When running the driver executable, the cmd window provides updates and I do see the specific failure about not copying files to system32 folder.

Russ
Flamin' Noobie...
Try opening a command line as admin and running the program from that maybe?
Dean Roddey
No bueno.  I'll pull my two Sony's offline for now.... haven't spun a DVD in a while.

But still, would love to have access to the other 8 ports for, you know... just because.
Flamin' Noobie...
Dumb question maybe but have you tried downloading the latest drivers?

Are there any unknown devices in device manager? If so try manually installing the drivers by pointing it at wherever the installer unpacked them. Sorry I don't recall where that is.

I've got a 16 port USB Edgeport running on Win 10 but it was there when I upgraded from Win 7 so at least it's possible.
Les

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cloud-Enabled Drivers jkmonroe 5 1,909 03-27-2018, 10:26 AM
Last Post: lleo
  Plex Drivers potts.mike 23 9,336 06-19-2017, 06:58 AM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Edgeport causing 'Waiting for Com Resource'? rtarver 15 3,869 04-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Local Client Drivers: Can they be copied? EST 2 1,728 01-31-2015, 11:36 AM
Last Post: EST
  Working SageTV-HDx00 drivers? IVB 6 2,615 12-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Last Post: IVB
  Digi Edgeport/8 USB to 8 RS-232 jbh5000 7 1,904 06-27-2013, 06:33 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  Newer Denon AV Receiver Drivers? jt76 4 2,935 02-14-2012, 04:16 PM
  Drivers eded9698 7 2,985 05-05-2010, 09:50 AM
  Windows7 and mAudio Delta Drivers brotsten 2 1,780 10-27-2009, 03:35 PM