Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repository manager cant add collection
In 931 if you try to add collection manually you get Unhandled Exception in GUI Thread: Zero is not a valid max size for a collection.  The Edit Collection dialog appears, but none of the buttons work.

This is for repository type Videos.

--Bob
OK, sounds another issue with my recent work. I'll get that fixed for a new drop tomorrow.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Okay, in 932 the dialog has been fixed, but now I'm having a problem when I try to Upload Changes.  I get "An error occurred. The operation has been aborted" dialog.

The CQC Log has the following:
01/21 20:38:08-HARTFORD, MediaRepoMgr, MediaRepoMgrUploadThread
{
   CIDSock, CIDSock_StreamSocket.cpp.404, Failed/Lost Connection, Error: 5017/1021/10053
   The connect was aborted by the other side
   Connection aborted
     <MediaRepoMgr> MediaRepoMgr_UploadDlg.cpp - 517

}
Oy! OK. I'll look at that.
Dean Roddey
I've done a number of uploads and it's working ok for me. Is there anything else in the log? Was there also maybe an access denied message or something like that associated with the failure?

I did make some other fixes, so you can give it another try after the next drop (933) and see if does better for you. If it's still be snooty we can dig deeper.

I just went through a ridiculous round of stupidity trying to even get to the point where I could test this. I kept getting access denied messages. I went to the media server machine and checked and checked it and went through all of the sharing and security and it still wouldn't work. I'm using a separate account from what I'm logged into, and using the new capabilities of providing login credentials to the repo driver, so I created a local account of that name just in case, and that didn't help.

It turned out that I had entered the path as \\Mary\IntMedia1\CQSLRepo, which is the actual path to the thing. But the share that the privileges were set on is \\Mary\CQSLRepo. So I was accessing it via a general share to IntMedia1, not the share I'd set up.

It's one of those things that can drive you crazy because nothing is providing any clues to point you in the right direction. It doesn't need the local account either. You can set the user name as [remote]\[username] to log into an account on the remote machine machine, and it works fine.

That way you can set up a limited rights account just for media access, and it doesn't have to be the one that the service is logged into.
Dean Roddey
This seems to be fixed in 933.

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  910 CQSL Media Repository issues rbroders 30 10,594 03-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  IV says driver offline, Host manager says online beelzerob 4 2,701 01-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Last Post: beelzerob
  Adding Cast Member to Movie Repository Squintz 3 2,467 02-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wuench