Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web Camera Widget Questions
I am now using the web camera widget in a popup.

A couple of questions

On Preload I was taking the global variables previously and using that to create the URL for a Web Image.  I want to do the same for the Web Camera URL but there does not appear to be an option to set the URL (or Set WebURL) on Preload or On Load.

How can I do this.

The web camera widget appears to always be on top.  I have a page with thumbnails and on top of the thumbnail is a command button.  If I use the web camera widget it stays on top of everything - even the popup.  I cant push it down the z order at all.

Cheers

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Web browser and web camera widgets have to be done in separate windows, so they are always on to of any regular widgets. The regular widgets are all drawn graphically into the one main IV window (which is how we can do all the fancy transparency and such.) This is just a fundamental thing. You would have to move the buttons below the thumbnails or something.

Actually, they aren't even running in the same process as the IV. In order to protect the IV from the nastiness of media codecs and web sites and such, they are run in separate programs, which the IV just arranges to place exactly where the widget is configured to be.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
What about the first question re the On PreLoad and On Load issue
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
I just changed that for the next drop.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Great Dean. I too noticed that and welcome your change.

In the meantime, the Web Browser widget itself has an initial url setting. I've just set it to always load a particular camera (the most used camera view for our family) and then I can change the camera view by using the buttons. Effectively it is the same result, unless you wanted to use a GVar and some logic to load the "last viewed camera" or something like that when the template loads.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Passing URL to a Web Widget kblagron 2 544 10-03-2018, 10:15 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Widget table doesn't update Attributes tab rbroders 6 970 09-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Triggered Event Questions RichardU 3 710 07-14-2018, 03:53 PM
  What device model to put for a Jasco/GE switch? And a questions about V1/V2/V3. ghurty 1 485 05-16-2018, 09:06 PM
  Has there been changes to Slider Widget? pjgregory 11 2,903 03-10-2018, 10:32 AM
  Interface Template editor widget view gone? rbroders 3 1,162 02-03-2018, 07:22 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Logic Server- Few questions EST 13 2,754 01-19-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: EST
  Really simple CML driver questions znelbok 327 99,329 10-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Field Boolean Text Widget issue greymatter 5 2,484 08-26-2017, 04:45 PM
Last Post: greymatter
  Widget Locator zra 6 2,576 08-09-2017, 06:06 PM