Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I do this?
Would a scene controller switch work since it doesn't have a dimmer....I have several of those I could swap out the dimmers with.
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
If it sends out a User Action trigger you could use that.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(03-25-2019, 08:15 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: It will work from the switch. CQC will see the load state change and send out a LoadChange type trigger. You can set up a triggered event to respond to that. The same trigger will get sent if you change it via CQC, so either way.

(03-28-2019, 10:19 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: If it sends out a User Action trigger you could use that.

How do I know if it sends out a user action trigger? Is this something i can find out with CQC or do i need to find it on the ISY screen?
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
In the Admin Interface, open up the /System section and in there is a Monitor section and in there you can open up the event monitor tab. Any event triggers that get sent will show up there. Open that up and then do the switch and see what shows up.
Dean Roddey
Code:
[TIME: 21:48:48]
cqsl.header
{
   v=1
   sysid=8B82DFD88E94586B-1AF05720B5B812D5
   class=cqsl.loadchange
   source=cqsl.field:ISY994i.LGHT#Sw_DiningRoomOverheadLights
}
cqsl.loadinfo
{
   state=on
   loadnum=35
   name=DiningRoomOverheadLights
}

[TIME: 21:48:52]
cqsl.header
{
   v=1
   sysid=8B82DFD88E94586B-1AF05720B5B812D5
   class=cqsl.loadchange
   source=cqsl.field:ISY994i.LGHT#Sw_DiningRoomOverheadLights
}
cqsl.loadinfo
{
   state=off
   loadnum=35
   name=DiningRoomOverheadLights
}
This is what I get...
tia, Ron

My HT...
I do something similar, but with an Elk Motion Detector.  (probably not Dean approved)

- I open up the Elk driver and set the trigger field (using Edit Trig Box at bottom of screen)  that I want to know is changing.  The Insteon driver, which I also use, has a field  named ???_Status, which you should be able to set as a trigger field.

- Then go to Events->Triggered->User and create a new Event.  Select "Is Field Change for" and add the Field you selected as a trigger with Insteon.  Then go to Edit Action button and modify to do what you want it to do if the field is changed.  I set up a Countdown Timer with the Timer driver and countdown.  In another triggered event, I evaluate the timer driver countdown field , and when it gets  to 0, you do an additional action (i.e. turn off light).  You could probably also use the Pause() or Wait() command within the original Event,  but Dean doesn't like that one as much.  To test, I usually create a Test version Scheduled Event, and run that via the test button until it is working, then copy all / paste all into the triggered event and test.
Would this work on a dimmer, or do I need to use it for the local on a scene controller too?
tia, Ron

My HT...
You can put a trigger on any field, though of course you'd only do it on those that don't send out standard ones. If you put it on the dimmer it would be little weird since you would then basically need to do a timed write with the initial value being the current value (since it's always come on which is why the trigger was sent), and 0 for the delayed time. You would have it send a trigger if not equal to zero and set it to latched mode so it won't keep sending triggers any time the dimming level changes (it has to go back to zero and back off of zero again before it'll send another trigger.)
Dean Roddey
Most of my switches are dimmers, but I don't use the dimming feature.  If you set a trigger for "Is field change for" LGHT#Sw_Hallway and then evaluated whether it's true or false, I think you could do what you are looking to do.
Thanks, I will give it a try.
tia, Ron

My HT...