Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I do this?
The check box has true/false expressions. Those control the state of the check box, as described in the check box widget docs I linked to above.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(11-25-2018, 06:01 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: You have to set up the true expression such that it is true when you want it to be and false when you don't. I'm still not exactly sure how you are getting them to work, given that there are 11 fields and you can only have one field associated with a check box. What field are you associating the check box with and what are you setting the true expression to?

(11-25-2018, 06:22 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: The check box has true/false expressions. Those control the state of the check box, as described in the check box widget docs I linked to above.

I read that, but I do not understand what I would put there in my situation.
The only other way I can think of to do this would be if I had another item that was turned on for each button...like another switch for each button that did nothing at all. Then if I switched on stereo there would be another item on that would be monitoring the correct channel, and when I selected another button it would turn off that switch being monitored by the first, but since the new button also monitored the new, and old channels it would still monitor correctly...sounds real messy to me, and there must be a better way.

I do have LEDs that also monitor the correct fields too, is there a way to have button 1 stop monitoring if button 2 is now in control?
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
That's what I was saying above. You can't really reasonably do it with 11 different fields. Check boxes can only monitor one field. And, if that field gets enabled in two different scenarios, that check box is going to go to true state in two different scenarios.

The only thing I can see that you could do is to use the logic server. Create a new logic server field for each scenario you want to track. They would be boolean type fields. So, if you wanted to know if only 1&2 were on, and let's say you only ever care about 7 of them, you'd add the first seven fields as source fields. You set the expression for the first two to be true if those channels are on, and the expressions for the next five to be true if those channels are off. Call that field Stereo. Now you have a field that is only going to be true if only those two channels are on.

If you wanted a scenario for the first five channels. Do the same but this time set the expressions for the first five to be true if those channels are on, and set the expressions for the next two to be true if those channels are off. Then that logic server field would only be true if all five of the first channels are on and 6&7 are off.

Then you can set up your check box's associated fields to use those logic server fields (you have to load the logic server driver to access them.) Your commands in the true/false actions of those check boxes would turn off/on the desired channels.

https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDoc...=/LogicSrv
Dean Roddey
The Logic Server would be the way to go.  I have several of them now for Audio groupings.  i.e. Family Area turns on the speakers for the Family room, Dining Room, and Kitchen.  I just created a logic field that included each of those various fields in the audio driver, which gives you a True / false Status on however you want to group them, and then use the Action command for that widget to turn the various items on or off.
Thanks, I will see if I installed the logic server...If not I will do it when I rebuild with the new Msata drive. Looks like it will work for me, and I think it doesn't look too hard to do...we will see once I start it. Smile
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
Spoke to soon..
I added 1 called Stereo as a Boolean, now I have the options of Logical operation, expression type, negate, and Comp value. What would I input into each of these,

please?

Would I check any true, All true or only 1 true? In stereo I want only 2 true, in 5.1 I want 5 true, etc.
I am assuming logic server was installed since it pops up with the windows shown in the tutorial.
tia, Ron

My HT...
If the fields are boolean, then select IsTrue for the ones you want to be true and IsFalse for the ones you want to be false, then select All True. IsTrue/IsFalse don't need a comp value, they are just comparing the value of the field to true or false.

So, for stereo, add the first two channel fields as source fields and set then to IsTrue, then those fields must be true in order for All True to work (since that requires all of the expressions to pass.) The other source fields have to be false for all of the expressions to pass (because you have set their expression type to IsFalse.)

You can double click on the logic server driver and bring up the driver monitor tab to see the fields. You can play around with pressing buttons on the device and see if you are getting the results you need.
Dean Roddey
I have added 2Channel, 5Channel, 7Channel, and Atmos to the "Defined Fields", but I do not see how to add the source fields on the right side. Nothing populates to the right, and if I click save it says there are no sources.
tia, Ron

My HT...
The driver document walks you through the whole process:

http://localhost/Web2/CQCDocs/CQCDocs.html?topic=/Reference/Drivers/Miscellaneous&page=/LogicSrv
Dean Roddey
(11-26-2018, 01:52 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: The driver document walks you through the whole process:

http://localhost/Web2/CQCDocs/CQCDocs.html?topic=/Reference/Drivers/Miscellaneous&page=/LogicSrv

I already went step by step through the doc, and substituted Boolean like you said, and made the fields I listed. it does not populate sources on the right hand side. I do not know how to get it to populate.
tia, Ron

My HT...