Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I do this?
That's the correct one. You have to set both false and true actions. So use the drop down at the top of the action editor to select which event you are setting up an action for. You have to react correctly based on the current state of the button. If it's true, then the true event action is run, and vice versa. Each one has to do the right thing to change to the other state. Probably you have only set the action for one state.

https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDoc...=/CheckBox
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Thanks Dean, Now I remember how it worked...just like the old way. False is true, and true is false. Smile
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
Now I have 1 more thing to get my amp buttons to be done...
I want when I click on a button say the stereo button for the button to change color just like my lighting one does when it has completed the process. There are I believe 11 commands in the button as it is to turn on 2 channels, and turn off 9 channels( I did it this way in case I am using all 11 channels as an example, and decide I want stereo only). Can I use the same button I do for the lights? If so would I reverse all the trues to false, and the false to true...or would that be wrong, and turn on what I want off, and turn on what I want to have all off?

Here is what I want basically... When I turn the stereo button on,
I want 2 channels to come on, and 9 to go off

If I want to turn off the 2 channels, I would like to hit the button again, and...
I want all channels in the button to go off.
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
That will not be easy to do. I'm assuming all those 11 channels are separate off/on fields, right? If so, you'd have to have a way to combine various combinations of fields for different buttons. How many combinations of channels do you need?

In terms of what channels go off and on, that's just up to you to put the right commands into the action. But, it will be very trick to have buttons change state based on some arbitrary combination of channels. For instance, even if you worked out how to set up a button to light up if channels 1 and 2 are enabled, if you have something combination (like the first 5 channels) then the button for 1/2 will also light up if you turn on the first 5 because the first 5 also includes the first 2. You would have to not just sense if the first two are on, but that only the first two are on. That would be messy.
Dean Roddey
Yes each one is a seperate field. I have the following buttons
Stereo
Atmos

In reality the button would only need to change status to show 1 device is on or off in each scenario... I could just pick a channel that is only on in that scenario, but it still brings up the true is false, and false is true as I do not want to reverse them, and have the wrong channels turn on plus what would I do when I want them all off for that button?
tia, Ron

My HT...
It works! I got it to turn on the channels I want just like the old button, and also display a channel for that button is on or off. Turning it off works too. THANKS DEAN!
tia, Ron

My HT...
I found a problem... When I select Stereo it works, but if I select 5.1 after stereo, the stereo button still stays on. Is there a way to have it change the state of the previous button to off, but not turn off the devices in button 1 when a new button is turned on that also controls the same buttons that are in the 1st button? Other than this it works just like I wanted.
tia, Ron

My HT...
You have to set up the true expression such that it is true when you want it to be and false when you don't. I'm still not exactly sure how you are getting them to work, given that there are 11 fields and you can only have one field associated with a check box. What field are you associating the check box with and what are you setting the true expression to?
Dean Roddey
Dean, what I did was this..
Stereo monitors left channel, but controls all as to on or off
5.1 monitors left surround but controls all channels
7.1 monitors left rear but controls all channels
Atmos monitors left Height but controls all channels

I seem to recall we did something like this with the Autopatch I believe or the changers, but I cannot recall how we did it.
tia, Ron

My HT...
I set the monitoring (field settings)
I found expression, but it is just set to true...the comp value box is empty with no way to put anything in there plus I do not know what would go there.
tia, Ron

My HT...