Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I do this?
Thanks Dean. I did not realize the way was the same button as the tutorial. I made the button, copied the attributes for my old button, and then changed the images, and put in the appropriate ISY commands (I think). I saved it and then opened the template, and the button was not there. What am I doing wrong? It is as if it was hidden like I used to do on my old templates with show/hide, but this is a fresh install with only images from my old setup being used.
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
The IV caches templates locally. It won't go back to the server for a short period of time, so that, if you are bouncing around between templates, it will have the information locally already and will be far faster. But, for development purposes, you can disable that. In the IV, under the Tools menu I think it is, there's an option to disable caching. Then every time you reload it goes back to the server.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I tried it, and it is still not displaying it. I even made a new button with zero mods to it, and it also did not display. One other note... when I try to load my images from the file I can see the name but no image until I say ok, and it loads in the editor. I am thinking something went wonky during the install.
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
I'm not sure what you are talking about. Are you saving the changes? If you see an asterisk in the tab you are working on, it has changes and you need to save them. Do Ctrl-S to save and the asterisk should go away. You can also of course use the File -> menu to save things, and it will show you the hot keys available.

If you mean no image until I say OK, maybe you are talking about dialog that lets you set images for that widgets that take more than one? If so, it doesn't automatically display them, just to reduce overhead. If you want to see them, hit the preview button and they will display on the right hand side.
Dean Roddey

.jpg   rsz_1rsz_20181123_162609.jpg (Size: 56.69 KB / Downloads: 5) Thanks Dean. I have attached a pic of my screen so you can see that even though the button is in te editor, and was saved...it I does not appear in the viewer even after a computer reboot. I also opened up the button so you could see the settings. It is like it js hidden.
tia, Ron

My HT...
That's too small for me to really see what is going on.
Dean Roddey
I just sent the full size image to you via email...hopefully it will help.
tia, Ron

My HT...
Flush the logs, bring up the iV and load that template, then get a log dump. Let's see if there's any errors. Also, did you set up at least the True expression? If you don't have any expresisons set up, then the check box will never be in either true or false state, and hence won't display any image or text.
Dean Roddey
Oh, and of course you have to select a field that is used to drive the state of the check box. Then you set up the true expression to be true under whatever conditions you want the check box to show the true image vs. the false image. That field is then also what you would write to, setting it to one thing if clicked when true, and another if clicked when false.
Dean Roddey
Well I am getting closer to getting the button to work  I flushed the logs, and then queried them, and saw nothing. 

I even setup a new test template with 3 buttons...2 are the command buttons, and each one either turns on or off the lights, and the 3rd one is the Field Check Box. If I turn on or off via the buttons the field check will work, but not control the lights by itself.
tia, Ron

My HT...