Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I do this?
Oh... I didn't think about that.
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
I am stuck now. I have JRiver all setup, and the driver is black. When I try to use the autogen, I get this error when I select renderer... "No drivers of the required type wer found". I am trying to use the CQCAudioPlayer2 as the renderer.

Problem 2. I have tried to install the plex media driver which is installed on my Unraid NAS. I input the ip address for the Plex driver on the NAS, but it stays waiting for config.

What renderer should I be using for JRiver, and for Plex? What is the problem with Plexmedia server repo not connecting?
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
If you are Plex it has to be all Plex. The Plex player only understands its own repository (meaning their player, nothing to do with our driver.) The Plex player can only stream media from its own media server. So you have to use Plex for both repository and renderer if you want to use Plex.

If you are using JRiver for audio, then then you wouldn't use the Plex player, that's for movies. For audio you could use our media renderer.

I'n not sure about Plex on the NAS. You may have to enable the external control interface? It may not be enabled by default.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
So I need Plex server, and client in order to play media on Pex?
JRiver I was trying to use for audio with the cqcplayer, but it would not let me use it. What is the proper renderer for jriver, and player? I was going to use JRiver for music, and plex for movies.
tia, Ron

My HT...
You can use our media renderer for JRiver. It requires correct setup of course. The driver page discusses the stuff you'll need to worry about, mostly access rights to the files and how to expose them.

https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDoc...QSLAudioPl

But basically you need to:

1. Make sure JRiver sees the files via a shared directory, because whatever path JRiver uses is the path that will be exposts to players. They can't access local files on the machine where JRiver is running.
2. Set up the CQC App Shell service to log in as a regular admin type account, since otherwise none of the drivers that run inside it will be able to access any shared directories.
3. Make sure that those shared directories where the files are (the JRiver exported XML and the actual media files in the case of JRiver) are shared. Generally read access to everyone is fine.

If you want to play movies via the Plex player you have to use the Plex server. You'd load both the plex media repo and plex media player drivers.
Dean Roddey
(02-23-2019, 03:14 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: You can use our media renderer for JRiver. It requires correct setup of course. The driver page discusses the stuff you'll need to worry about, mostly access rights to the files and how to expose them.

https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDoc...QSLAudioPl

But basically you need to:

1. Make sure JRiver sees the files via a shared directory, because whatever path JRiver uses is the path that will be exposts to players. They can't access local files on the machine where JRiver is running.
2. Set up the CQC App Shell service to log in as a regular admin type account, since otherwise none of the drivers that run inside it will be able to access any shared directories.
3. Make sure that those shared directories where the files are (the JRiver exported XML and the actual media files in the case of JRiver) are shared. Generally read access to everyone is fine.

If you want to play movies via the Plex player you have to use the Plex server. You'd load both the plex media repo and plex media player drivers.
Question... I was reinstalling CQC to see if i can get the MyMovies repo to work, and saw this statement in your directions. "If you are a My Movies customer, you can also sign up for their online metadata source, which can be used within our own CQSL repository. That might seem sort of strange, but you can view the price of MyMovies as the price to purchase access to their data source for use in our own repository." Does this mean I do not need to install MyMovies Driver, and can use CQCs own Media repo, by somehow linking to my online MyMovies account?
tia, Ron

My HT...
You still need some way to rip them of course. But you can set up our repo to get metadata from MM if you own it.
Dean Roddey
I do own it, and I rip all my movies to the NAS. Are there instructions somewhere as to how to get the metadata for CQC from MyMovies?
tia, Ron

My HT...
It's documented in the our repo driver docs. It's towards the bottom in the Repository Settings section.
Dean Roddey
Any idea why the Dune Driver would be stuck on wait for config? I have the correct IP address, and it is setup for CQC Media Tag Repo which is listed as connected. I do not know if port 80 is the correct one though. I have looked through all the Dune menues, and settings, and I see nothing about ip setup for remote access. The model I have specifically says Home Automation control with various Home Automation programs like Control 4, etc.
tia, Ron

My HT...