Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The subscription queue was full, msg dropped
You can do the activation, but the problem is they are still running all the time, they are just hidden. I guess I could have the helper close down the stream while it's hidden and start it up when it is made visible. Then you could have a triggered event in the template that makes them appear when the doorbell goes off and then have a button to hide them again, and presumably a timer as well in case it happened when no one is home.

Of course the problem with that is that you have to insure nothing else is ever visible there, because these floating windows will always be on top of any widgets. I guess that's probably the case for you anyway or you would already have this issue since they are running all the time. No popups can come up over them for instance. So if you had a popup visible, and the thing went off, any other widgets made visible would be behind the popup but the cameras would be on top of it.

But, before we go off the deep end, see if the VLC improvements have gotten rid of the issue first.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Sadly my server must have done a reboot on its own so whatever condition that was happening is cleared now. Everything works fine but over some weeks it will likely return so can't do a lot more on this presently around the root cause/fix. I did however get to determine that the update to VLC had no bearing on fixing. I also had a template without the cameras run for a couple nights and the issue never surfaced. So it has something to do with having VLC/ CQC helper running 24x7 which eventually causes a funky state that leads to freezing the IV nightly.

I do like the idea of an event popping up the cameras in that spot which is reserved for cameras. That actually opens a door to having a specific camera zone pop up based on motion or other events too... would be kind of cool! Of course it does have that risk if used improperly... maybe would need a warning in the admin interface or at least the documentation.
I'll take a look at maybe having the helper cycle the VLC instance after some number of hours or something perhaps. That may or may not work. If the damage is not something undone by destroying and recreating the vlc engine, it won't help. But it could.
Dean Roddey
I also reduced the timeouts on the ORB calls that the IV makes to the helpers to be very short. Since the helpers are running on the same machine, the response time in normal conditions should be very fast so the short timeout would never cause a failure. And, if they do hang up, they won't cause the IV to hang up for a long period of time, they could make it a bit herky-jerky still.
Dean Roddey
5.3.917 adds a cycle every hour of continuous playback. This may or may not make a difference. If it manages to hose up before an hour it wouldn't help. And I think that trying to cycle it fairly often would just be annoying.
Dean Roddey
OK, I'll load that up and see if any difference over time. Will take weeks if not months to tell if it has any impact. I'm not sure why VLC works great for many days even up to a month and then gets into a funky state. This may help though thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The RIVA Comm Buf Mgr pool is full and cannot be expanded any further zra 52 15,667 05-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  IV start in full screen George M 2 1,447 01-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Last Post: George M
  Sonos - Dropped Connections karenlee 29 3,636 03-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Last Post: karenlee
  Full Screen IV on Win8? jkmonroe 9 3,051 02-02-2015, 06:14 PM
  Command Button to Toggle Full Screen kblagron 15 3,805 04-17-2013, 05:03 PM
  WeatherUnderground goes full screen with Google Maps Micco 0 1,137 02-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Last Post: Micco
  Full Screen phenix 12 1,737 01-14-2010, 02:06 AM
Last Post: rocker
  Subscription Fee LesAuber 5 1,225 01-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Last Post: penngray
  Full Screen IV anogee 16 2,052 07-18-2009, 12:40 PM
  Forum Subscription Notification ToyMaster458 3 1,107 09-26-2008, 05:09 AM
Last Post: ToyMaster458