Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZWave integration frustrations
I have implemented thermostat support, but it's never been tested. I never got around to getting one to test, which I need to do. I should probably do that first, since if I actually added a device info file for it and there were major issues in that code, it could make a mess of things. I'll get one ordered.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I’d send you one to use, but it would be on EU frequencies & the 4,000 mile transatlantic flight doesn’t help!
I ordered one just a bit a go. It'll be probably a week before it gets here though.
Dean Roddey
Ok, so I’ve not had much time to look at the new drop yet, but have installed it and taken a look at the Aeotec Nano Dimmer (the easy one, as it’s mains powered)

So, it’s identified it and created 2 fields - one for dimming level, and the other a switch/state. So far, so good and great that it works. Thank you.

A couple of questions though.

- the metering and alarm info haven’t been exposed
- config parameter selection only goes to #64. Many useful ones are >100, so inaccessible
- a small thing (for me as I don’t use auto gen much, but may); I expected their level & state to be v2 fields?

I’ll try the others when I get some time, and also rescan those that need resubmitting.
They should have been V2 fields, so that was a mistake on my part I guess. I've not yet implemented metering or alarm stuff, so that won't be exposed on anything.

On the config parameters, I'm not sure what you are talking about there?
Dean Roddey
Oh, you mean the manual config parameter dialog. It's not limited. I didn't want to do some huge list, so I added the first 64 as a convenience, but you can type in anything you want.
Dean Roddey
Oh, and of course get me the new dumps of those two Fibaro units previously discussed. I added mulit-channel end point capability support to the unit info query stuff, so we can see which ones are which.
Dean Roddey
I fixed the dimmer V2 thing. It was some stuff left over from the original device info file I copied and pasted to create the new one.
Dean Roddey
(10-25-2018, 10:49 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Oh, you mean the manual config parameter dialog. It's not limited. I didn't want to do some huge list, so I added the first 64 as a convenience, but you can type in anything you want.

Oh, ok - got it; I didn’t notice that the Param# field was editable   Blush
(10-25-2018, 10:51 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Oh, and of course get me the new dumps of those two Fibaro units previously discussed. I added mulit-channel end point capability support to the unit info query stuff, so we can see which ones are which.

ok, so i had a quick look at getting new dumps. 

First I tried the Aeotec Nano Dimmer, and the dump looks identical. see attached .zip

in then tried the multiswitch out of interest, and it causes an error to be thrown, and no dump. if attached a screenshot of the error, and a trace of when I tried to create the dump.

Attached Files
.png   Capture.PNG (Size: 10.79 KB / Downloads: 6)
.txt   Trace.Txt (Size: 24.73 KB / Downloads: 3)
.zip   Kjaerligkatt_Fibaro_MotionSensor[FGMS-001]-v2.zip (Size: 425 bytes / Downloads: 2)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Play Music integration sic0048 1 197 12-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Last Post: batwater
  Basic Z Wave/CQC Integration Question MikeW 6 297 12-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: MikeW
  zWave, how I hate thee. need to redo network IVB 23 1,534 12-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Echo integration still working for folks? IVB 5 1,343 01-15-2018, 06:18 PM
  USB ZWave Controller Configuration bobskie708 6 3,245 11-30-2017, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  delete zwave devices? jkmonroe 8 2,530 05-23-2016, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  connecting a zWave relay IVB 3 1,845 02-20-2016, 03:13 PM
  zwave device configuration jkmonroe 75 11,906 12-31-2015, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  ISY zWave controller IVB 4 2,501 06-21-2015, 09:21 AM