Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZWave integration frustrations
OK, well this morning I had another look.  I decided to load ZenSys Tools into my trial installation on the NUc, and take a look to see if the devices had been replicated onto the Aeotec stick.  They had, and all looked correct.

So, I switched back to CQC and un-paused the driver - and now I'm connected to the zWave network, and all the devices have appeared!!!!

I have no idea how reliable this process might be, and what ZenSys Tools is doing to allow CQC to finalise the process.  I changed *nothing* whilst I was in ZenSys Tools - just connected to the Aeotec stick to see what devices were seen by the controller, and then switched back to CQC.

What this has uncovered is that *none* of my zWave devices are recognised - all are in NoAutoMatch state.  @Dean, attached are the device Unit Info files.  Are these in the correct format, or do you want them submitted some other way.

At some point I'll have to move off my trial CQC installation, but for now - whilst zWave is working - I'll continue to play with it, and take these devices to the next stage.

Attached Files
.zip   Devices.zip (Size: 2.25 KB / Downloads: 5)
(10-20-2018, 12:07 PM)kjaerligkatt Wrote: When you say don't stop the trace, do you mean just wait some time before flushing it?  if so, then the attached is a new trace where I've excluded, then re-included and finally waited 10mins before flushing. 

There are no entries in the trace after the time the client driver replies with an error dialogue at ~20:45

I'm beginning to think it's just broken and doesn't send what is clearly a required response. It clearly went through the whole process because at the end it sends us an encrypted request for our manufacturer id info and that is correctly encyrpted. We send the secure response back but then it never does anything else. I don't know if maybe it's waiting for something from me before it will respond. Other MC's obviously are not, and without any clue as to what it wants I have no idea what to send.

I sent Fibaro a message to try to talk with someone who works with the HC2 firmware to see if they can tell us if it is waiting for something. Of course, given the don't really care attitude that so many companies have these days, they may never even bother to respond.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(10-21-2018, 09:42 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I'm beginning to think it's just broken and doesn't send what is clearly a required response. It clearly went through the whole process because at the end it sends us an encrypted request for our manufacturer id info and that is correctly encyrpted. We send the secure response back but then it never does anything else. I don't know if maybe it's waiting for something from me before it will respond. Other MC's obviously are not, and without any clue as to what it wants I have no idea what to send.

I sent Fibaro a message to try to talk with someone who works with the HC2 firmware to see if they can tell us if it is waiting for something. Of course, given the don't really care attitude that so many companies have these days, they may never even bother to respond.

Good luck with Fibara - they don’t appear to be very good at support  Sad 

Did you see my later post where I finally got it to connect?  So, it seems possible, but as I wrote, what actually led to this is a mystery  Huh
(10-21-2018, 09:42 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I'm beginning to think it's just broken and doesn't send what is clearly a required response. It clearly went through the whole process because at the end it sends us an encrypted request for our manufacturer id info and that is correctly encyrpted. We send the secure response back but then it never does anything else. I don't know if maybe it's waiting for something from me before it will respond. Other MC's obviously are not, and without any clue as to what it wants I have no idea what to send.

Good luck with Fibara - they don’t appear to be very good at support  Sad 

Did you see my later post where I finally got it to connect?  So, it seems possible, but as I wrote, what actually led to this is a mystery  Huh
OH, I missed that. I'll take a look at those devices.
Dean Roddey
I've added the micro-dimmer one for the next drop. I'm going to have to add some more stuff to the dump file data gathering to deal with the Fibaro multi-sensor. Finally one that uses multi-channel support for multiple sensors, which is how it is supposed to work, unlike the Aeotec ones that are just kludges. But I don't have any info gathering for such devices to figure out what sensors are on what multi-channel end points. I'll try to get that place for the next drop as well, if not for the one after that. Oh, and the same for the door/window sensor as well which is also multi-channel.
Dean Roddey
And I'm going to have add support for another command class (central scene) to get anything useful out of the mini-mote. It never ends with Z-Wave.
Dean Roddey
I also added the wall mote unit. That was all done by eye, so I could have messed up, but let's see if it works. It should just send out user action events in response to the buttons.
Dean Roddey
Thanks Dean - will look out for the next drop.
Oh, and what about the Popp thermostatic valves - we’re you able to do anything with those, or will they require more data too?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Play Music integration sic0048 1 197 12-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Last Post: batwater
  Basic Z Wave/CQC Integration Question MikeW 6 298 12-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: MikeW
  zWave, how I hate thee. need to redo network IVB 23 1,534 12-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Echo integration still working for folks? IVB 5 1,343 01-15-2018, 06:18 PM
  USB ZWave Controller Configuration bobskie708 6 3,245 11-30-2017, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  delete zwave devices? jkmonroe 8 2,530 05-23-2016, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  connecting a zWave relay IVB 3 1,845 02-20-2016, 03:13 PM
  zwave device configuration jkmonroe 75 11,906 12-31-2015, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  ISY zWave controller IVB 4 2,501 06-21-2015, 09:21 AM