Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CQCDriverBase:WriteBoolFld return value
I have been improving error handling in my drivers and noticed that I was ignoring the result of WriteBoolFld (and all the other WriteXXXFld calls).  The documentation say it returns Boolean but provides no other information.

I assume True means it wrote the value successfully and False means the field was not written.

However the calls ALL seem to be returning false.  Perhaps it only returns true if the value was changed, and throws an exception for errors?  Can you explain how this works please?

Thanks -- Bob
Yeh, it only returns true if the value was different, or false if the value was the same, so that you can take some action if this represents an actually changed value. So, for instance, if you need to send out user action triggers for your driver, you only want to do that if the field actually changes, so you use the return for that purpose.

I'll put it in on the list to update the docs for those on the next round.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HTTP Trigger Driver - Return Values wuench 9 2,085 06-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CML Driver Question - calling CQCDriverBase Methods from a nested object bph 11 2,307 11-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Last Post: bph
  CQCLogger vs Deprecated LogMsg methods of CQCDriverBase jrlewis 11 2,061 11-01-2007, 10:08 AM
  How do I... Insert carriage return in dynamic text values? mbahr 1 680 05-26-2007, 08:09 PM