Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reset driver statistics?
Is it possible to reset driver statistics?  Like $Naks?  I thought these were automatically reset when the driver was loaded, and you could to math like $Naks / (today - $LoadTime) to get a Naks/day type of statistic.  I was surprised to reload a driver and see the old stat values!

--Bob
It does maintain those special fields. As often as not they would be be something you wouldn't want to lose but figure out you need to do something to the config and would lose them.

You can do:

Devices::ClearDrvStats(moniker);

in an action to clear them. You could set up a hot key in the AI for yourself to do that if you wanted.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Okay. The stats are kind of useless without knowing how long they have been accumulating though. 1000 time outs in two days is a lot more concerning than the same number in two years.

--Bob

P.S. I couldn't get the hot key to work. Need system reboot? Place a button on a screen and that worked.
I have been having weirdness with the $LoadTime field as well.  Pause/Resume doesn't seem to reset this.  Reconfig doesn't reset it.  It is also strangely zero for some of the drivers I have edited recently, but not others I have edits.  

What exactly is loadTime supposed to mean?  The time you initially created the thing?  Seems to me LoadTime should be the time you loaded it into memory and got ready to start running it...

Hmmm.

P.S.  Adding a "reset driver statistics" checkbox to the "do you want to resume" dialog would be great.

P.S.  I vote you eliminate the "The driver pause/resume process has begun" dialog.  Sure, send a dialog if you have a problem with what I asked you to do, but otherwise, just get on with it already...
IT should be the point at which the driver was first loaded. A pause resume wouldn't change it, since that's not a fresh reload. Keep in mind that the CML isn't the driver itself. It's something being run by the driver. A pause/resume or reconfigure will recompile the CML, but the driver itself never was removed or anything.

I could have the driver stats reset include that guy.

The dialog is there because it's an asynchronous operation that could take some time and it's all happening over on the server, which will get to it when it can. Usually it's quick. But with large systems with a lot of piggy drivers it can take longer. So it's just telling you it was able to initiate the operation OK. It could be done away with if that's the general consensus.

I'll look at the hot keys thing.
Dean Roddey
The load time of the C++ shell that loads/runs the actual driver isn't very interesting. So I would argue for changing it to when the driver core loads the true driver cml/pdl.
The actual driver is the C++ bit, and in a C++ driver that's all there is. That is in turn loading the CML/PDL and running it.

But I get your point in the case of a CML/PDL driver, and I'll look at that.
Dean Roddey
OK, I'd forgotten that the hot keys were not implemented in the AI for 5.x, because now that so much stuff is conglomerated into one program and there are so many key combinations used in various tabs that it would become sort of a mess. So they only work in the IV these days.
Dean Roddey
I tried the hotkey in IV also. Maybe I didn't hit Cyril-S enouh times as I saw an asterisk on the hotkey tab at some point. Hmmm.
The IV will probably only load them upon start. So it may not see any that you change while it's up. Of course maybe there's an issue in the IV as well. I'll look at it. It's the kind of thing that's a lot tweakier than it used to be when I was using my controls.

I just made the change to reset the load time field upon reconfigure/resume.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Client Side Driver Directory Could Not be Cleaned Out" TurboSam 15 702 09-27-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: TurboSam
  CML Driver IDE docs - where? rbroders 1 209 09-18-2018, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Timer Driver Question kblagron 5 314 09-14-2018, 02:43 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  Driver Configuration w/8 prompts rbroders 1 397 09-03-2018, 09:28 PM
  Driver info/stats rbroders 6 597 09-02-2018, 08:34 PM
  Sonos Driver zra 3 399 09-01-2018, 03:09 PM
  HTTP Get driver not working znelbok 10 837 08-28-2018, 10:10 AM
  Can't add fields to ElkDev driver rbroders 4 482 08-07-2018, 06:24 PM
  Possible to copy all the name in a driver so can paste is elsewhere? ghurty 11 993 07-14-2018, 05:24 PM
  New Z-Wave driver preview Dean Roddey 70 5,162 07-10-2018, 10:45 AM