Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any new Yamaha AVR models to do?
Looking at it, if the Yamaha docs were remotely comprehensible, I might feel better about adding support for that into this generic driver. But it's really hard to tell what the hell they are talking about most of the time in those documents. But, if you want to let me get to yours, I can try it and see what happens.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Oh, wait, the existing A3000 driver is using the old style commands. Does it even support YNC?
Dean Roddey
I'm not sure, will dig up the docs. Thanks for considering it; I'm open to upgrading to a newer model if RX-A3000 is too old.
This is the Power command for Main zone...is this YNC?

PWR
[PUT Command]
@MAIN:PWR=Parameter
[GET Command]
@MAIN:PWR=?
Operating & retrieving Power state of Main Zone
Initial Auto Feedback is Available
[Parameters]
Standby
PUT: turining its state to Standby / GET: indicating Standby status.
On
PUT: turining its state to On / GET: indicating On status.
On/Standby
PUT Only: toggling its status between On/Standby
Those are the old style, pre-YNC commands. YNC is XML/HTTP based. Does yours have a network connection?

Given that the A3000 driver is a model specific one, if it doesn't support YNC, I could just throw that one command in there to the existing driver if need be I guess.
Dean Roddey
yes, it's a network model. It would be great if there were generic Put/Get commands; that might be enough. Thank you for considering this.
(03-25-2017, 07:07 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: So an obvious way to deal with it is to provide a pass-through field so you can send commands directly where you need to access something beyond what we are generically supporting.

EVERY drive should have a pass-through field.  So many times I have wanted to use something that is not covered by the driver and wished for a pass-through field to be available.

Take my TV.  Its an LG and the basic LG driver works great, except it does not support PIP.  The pass-through field allows me to send the PIP command as I need.  It offers the best flexibility to all drivers
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Sometimes that's easier than others. If the device has a complex message format, it can be hard to provide the required info from an action, in the required format.
Dean Roddey
I would like to have the Yamaha CXA5100 preamp... I need power, source, volume, and surround modes, mainly. I would like to be able to select a surround mode, and have it turn on or off my specific amps for each channel.
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, I3 NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Oppo 203, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipsch Belle BBs, k402 horns.
I'm not sure if that's something that would work with driver or not. It's not really a receiver. But, I saw someone claiming that it worked with the YNC command set, which this guy uses. And someone else said that the RX-A3000 command set worked with it, and we have a driver for that. So you might start with that and see what happens. It may fail completely though. They may just mean that the most basic of commands works with it, but the driver will be trying to more than that and will fail because this device doesn't support it.

But, if it does use the YNC commands, we may be able to get this driver to support it. Anyhoo, just for funzies, try the A3000 driver and see what happens.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yamaha customer Service batwater 2 1,606 07-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Last Post: batwater
  Yamaha receiver in the basement? beelzerob 7 3,356 01-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Last Post: dkemme
  Yamaha RS232 protocol docs NarcolepticFoo 1 2,673 01-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Helheim
  Audiophile 2496 to Yamaha RX-V1600 mshid 0 1,243 09-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Last Post: mshid