Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Preview of new Web based RIVA client
Has anyone had any success in using chrome on Android in fullscreen?

I created an icon on the home screen that launches chrome in fullscreen, but it never gets past the Connecting to CQC screen.

I tried another browser called full screen browser but its a little hit an miss as well
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
The full screen should have no impact on the connection. Are you saying it connects when not in full screen but fails in full screen?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
yes - opens in chrome, save it to homescreen and then open using new icon and it goes into full screen but just stays at connecting to CQC
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
(01-01-2018, 07:11 PM)znelbok Wrote: yes - opens in chrome, save it to homescreen and then open using new icon and it goes into full screen but just stays at connecting to CQC

My Samsung Galaxy S8 does the same thing.
I could only guess that it is being blocked in some way, because the OS is not happy with it asking for full screen access or some such. Maybe there's some other option that needs to be added on those browsers/OS versions.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
My Samsung S6 was doing the same thing. I believe I just upgraded to the latest release of CQC and it fixed it. Are you on the latest CQC version?
(01-02-2018, 08:11 AM)kfly Wrote: Are you on the latest CQC version?

I am on 5.2.1.  I did some google searches on how to allow it to go to full screen, but the options it said to change weren't on the Chrome Settings or Advanced Settings pages, maybe its a newer version of Chrome on my phone.  I figure it has to be a setting somewhere, because it will work fine if I go to Chrome first (but not full screen), and select the link, but that same link when saved as a HomePage will not go past the connecting to CQC screen.  I also tried it on the built-in Samsung Internet browser, with the same results.
Can you go into airplane mode on the Android device and try the desktop link? Should should show you the link it is trying to connect to. Does the URL look the same as in a browser?(like not cutting of the PW=) (you may need to turn it landscape to see entire URL)
All I get is that "You are offline".  It does not present the url anywhere.

Is there any reason why a background image would not display?  I have one image I want to use and its not rendering at.  If I use a different image it renders.

Is the color depth, position on page (centre, scale to fit etc) going to have an impact?  This can be seen in both android and in windows browsers

Image is 1280 x 800, 72ppi, RGB Colour 8 bits/channel.  Image is attached

Attached Files
.jpg   sebastian-unrau-1280x800 copy.jpg (Size: 192.38 KB / Downloads: 6)
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
(01-02-2018, 12:12 PM)znelbok Wrote: All I get is that "You are offline".  It does not present the url anywhere.

Is there any reason why a background image would not display?  I have one image I want to use and its not rendering at.  If I use a different image it renders.

Is the color depth, position on page (centre, scale to fit etc) going to have an impact?  This can be seen in both android and in windows browsers

Image is 1280 x 800, 72ppi, RGB Colour 8 bits/channel

Sorry about that. Just turn off Wi-Fi.  and click the shortcut. Assume your URL shortcut is by ip address right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Z-Wave driver preview Dean Roddey 152 12,736 07-15-2019, 04:56 PM
Last Post: kfly
  ELK M1 Client Interface question lleo 1 156 06-12-2019, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  why master server needs DHCP client running? lleo 4 652 01-04-2019, 01:13 PM
  Elk Client Interface Gremlins IVB 9 939 12-23-2018, 08:58 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Copy and Paste into Global Cache Client Interface kblagron 3 918 11-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  "Client Side Driver Directory Could Not be Cleaned Out" TurboSam 15 2,405 09-27-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: TurboSam
  Admin Client over VPN batwater 1 883 08-18-2018, 04:31 PM
  Old RIVA zra 4 1,101 07-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Last Post: zra
  The RIVA Comm Buf Mgr pool is full and cannot be expanded any further zra 52 16,924 05-14-2017, 08:54 PM
  HTTP-based Trigger Driver Docs znelbok 5 3,069 03-11-2017, 09:34 PM