Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MQTT and CQC
So for you Android people out there, new beta of Join has MQTT Publish capability.  This is in addition to extensive new IFTTT and direct Node-Red integration.
I would not get my hopes up that MQTT will be part of CQC. This is a driver that as far as I can tell will be needing a client interface and only Dean can do that. As Dean has shown no interested in this I don't see it being included.

There may be some way to kludge a driver but I have not been able to work one out for the short amount of time I have spent looking at it. How do we subscribe to a topic - do we make CQC flexible or do we make it rigid and everything we want to use must publish to a topic we have defined in CQC. What if it cant be defined on the publishing side. Do we subscribe to everything and then use something like event triggers to take actions.

Until then, its all hackery to get it working with CQC.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Anything that can be done with a client side interface can be done with a configuration file ultimately, right? Anyhoo, it's not that I have no interest, I just have no time at least not currently.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
BlueIris now supports sending an alert to an MQTT Topic. Thats going to make BI a very desirable bit of software in the IoT world.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Cool, good to know, I haven't checked for updates in the last few weeks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zwave MQTT bridge potts.mike 4 1,629 01-24-2018, 01:28 PM
Last Post: batwater