Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MQTT and CQC
Hmmm, another layer of communication (but one that is already in place)...

EventGhost has an MQTT client plugin
Thats starting to get really messy doing it that way - buts its a work around (the only one) until CQC gets something itself.

I really believe CQC sites in the right place to be a broker as well as a client - its what CQC is. But first step would be a client so comms to a broker could be established.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
I read through some of the spec. It's a 'simple' protocol, but the spec is still like 90'ish pages long, though a lot of that is formal spec gobbledygook that probably never gets read. It's simple as such things go I guess. Though meeting all of the storage and QOS requirements could get a little tweaky.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(03-13-2017, 04:44 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I read through some of the spec. It's a 'simple' protocol, but the spec is still like 90'ish pages long, though a lot of that is formal spec gobbledygook that probably never gets read. It's simple as such things go I guess. Though meeting all of the storage and QOS requirements could get a little tweaky.

This appears to be getting bigger and bigger and it would be great if CQC could be a client (at least). CQC really needs to add this. I'm ready to add my Sonoff relays and I can see plenty of other things ready to go as well. Just need the client. 

From what I've seen there is a lot of c helpers libraries for it but I'm yet to find a doc on the protocol to Understand it. I don't know if a new class is best suited to it or if a driver would cover it
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Agree 100% A client would be a great start!
Consider this, by creating a client we could have immediate access to the SmartThings hub and all of the devices it can manage. The Sonoff relays Mykel is talking about are inexpensive and offer easy WiFi based control, all we need is the interface. I'm guessing there are many other I/O devices like the Sonoff out there...
*** Bump for visibility ***