Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DesktopIV machine
This would be a cool little machine to have the iv on your desk/tabletop if only it was a little cheaper.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ockel...esign--2#/
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
That is pretty cool, though as you say a bit pricey for what you get. I wonder how much oomph it has?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Intel atom with 4 gb ram.
Hey, what about the new MS Surface Desktop :-) That would be a pretty cool option, though definitely pricey. I have to say that MS has stepped up its game with that one, in terms of the cool factor.
Dean Roddey
I want to see a Pi 3 as a capable IV machine. Something cheap.

In reality an IV is an expensive component, By the time you add the cost of the PC, the operating system, the overheads thus more ram and hdd space and IV is not a simple little device. Why is a full blown OS required for a single small application?

If there were some way of doing a dedicated IV client on a Pi then CQC would benefit immensely.

Android tablets make a lot of sense as well - cheap and plentyful.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
It's not actually a small application, it's very complex. As with the Admin Interface, it's at the top of the code pyramid, and makes use of a huge amount of functionality underneath it.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Hey, what about the new MS Surface Desktop :-) That would be a pretty cool option, though definitely pricey. I have to say that MS has stepped up its game with that one, in terms of the cool factor.

Looking forward to the new surface desktop, my surface pro is the best laptop I've ever had.
potts.mike Wrote:Looking forward to the new surface desktop, my surface pro is the best laptop I've ever had.

Other than the fact I couldn't use it on my lap (hip to knee distance is too short to support the keyboard and the extended kickstand), I loved the pro as well. But I got a Spectre x360 so that I could actually rest it on my lap. Been thrilled with that for years and don't regret leaving my Macbook Pro 15" behind.
I haven't really been keeping up with this, but why couldn't you use something like the ASUS Computer Stick with something like the Adafruit HDMI touchscreen
@ ~$188 it is still kind of pricey, but it appears to include that evil Win10 spyware/malware pack that everyone loves so much...

their VivoRemote seems interesting also... wonder if CQC could leverage that to do something wicked?

VivoRemote Wrote:The ASUS VivoRemote app lets you use your mobile device as a remote for your VivoStick. This intuitive app lets you control VivoStick via Wi-Fi and features a remote keyboard and mouse, shortcuts, media controls and customized folders.
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
No reason you couldn't do that. Probably wouldn't be to hard to 3D print a little case for the whole thing.