Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I saw thread about not working in Firefox. I have always used Chrome. Now they are not showing up in Chrome. It may be that I just updated Chrome to 64bit version. Anyone else seeing this?
Thanks
George M
Been seeing this for a long time on all of my devices in Chrome
------------------------------------
Devices I'm phasing out: ISY, NuVo
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Showing up again today
Thanks
George M
I've seen this problem with Chrome, Firefox, and IE and only with the CQC forum site. Actually, this is my first time on the CQC forum in a few weeks since I can pretty much only read the forum on my iPad. Well, I could read on my PC if I were willing to clear the browsers cache periodically, which I'm not interested in doing.
I changed the new posts marking scheme. We were on what is supposed to be the optimum scheme, but I changed it to see if makes any difference. The description is:

Quote:this option uses the database to store thread and forum read times. This allows accurate read markers to be kept indefinitely. However, in order for a forum to be marked read when all threads are read, the user must view the list of threads for that forum.

So I take that to mean that the 'forum read' marks only work if you actually go into the forum section, not just because you read all of the new posts in it via the New Posts link. But let's see what it does for new posts.

It might be worth deleting cookies just to make sure we get a fresh start with this and can be sure it really works or not.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
This has probably been mentioned before, but be sure to check the time zone in your user setting and make sure that it's correct for you. Probably not related but it could potentially cause issues by making posts (which will be in UTC on the forum) seem to be potentially at the wrong time relative to you.
Dean Roddey
Still not working for me. Am on correct time for my area.
Thanks
George M
I know how this goes Dean, this is definitely one of those issues you have better things to do than deal with this.

I just noticed this morning that my iPad, which had been working fine, is no longer working with New Posts this morning. And My CQC account and iPad are both set for Eastern time zone.
Since that didn't seem to help, I'll put it back to the 'optimum' setup. I'll try to get some help on the vbulletin board next week. I've searched and there are various threads complaining of similar issues, but none like this that I can see. Most of them are folks coming from pre-3.5 versions (where these new options were added) and so are just being told to enable the new options. I don't see anything like what we are seeing being described by anyone else.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WebRiva Chrome Resetting to Default Template Jnetto 1 471 01-04-2018, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Elk, not all zones showing up IVB 3 422 12-30-2017, 05:10 PM
  Forum - New Posts doesn't work with Firefox dgage 48 7,878 09-15-2016, 05:17 AM
Last Post: George M
  Having issue with VRC0P not showing up in rooms and cant see value for a lock ghurty 12 2,458 06-30-2016, 04:35 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  'Field Time Text' Widget showing wrong day/time? Sendero 1 1,139 11-28-2015, 03:52 PM
  Background image showing in editor, but not in live ghurty 11 1,780 01-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  Graphically showing motion with Elk M1? charles 5 1,557 09-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  Weather only showing 4 days George M 4 796 11-06-2012, 11:10 AM
  j.river and driver showing different album counts? pjwinstalls 3 958 05-30-2009, 09:53 AM